Urgent need help ASAP

Hey guys i finally had one of those weird things happen to my 240 (S14) and now i need sum help from u guys. I was driving around last night, and at sum point i lost the lighting behind my tack and speedometre,I also lost all my tail lights, my brake lights will come on when i hit the brake, but with my headlights on my back panel is completely dark :? . Im currently going to do what i see as the obvious and check the fuses but if this isnt a fuse problem would unplugging my battery and replugging it causing the computer to reboot work? If anyone has any suggestions or has even had this happen to them plz notify me as soon as possible, via pm or post because 1. it pretty much cancels any night time driving :x , and 2 i have to take my car to be inspected monday… Thanks in advance

Does you car still drive. If it was working fine and then just started to fade out I say its your alternator. Go see if your car starts. I think its your alternator.

The car still runs fin, i drove it around afterwards i just had no tail lights until i hit the brake, and my dash wasnt lit up… im going to check the fuses if thats not it then i have no idea…

yeah, in the S13 the taillights fuse, and the cluster run off it.

but, I had this same problem cluster only, and the next day it worked…

on my old s13 the bottom left fuse in the box pulled out the metal tongs the current goes thrue with it, therefore i had no cluster lights or illumination on the dash for about 5 months

problem solved was just a blown fuse, it was the fuse for the tail lights i guess when it blew it blocked the current from folling through to the dash and corner lights

Sweet! You should change the useless title though, to something like:

S14 issues - tail & cluster lights out SOLVED

The current didnt get blocked they are all one the same cuirct. If it blows again then you have a short some were. Fuses don’t blow for no reason. Were you doing any wireing (installing speakers or radio)?