Elevate or let sit for the winter?

Right now the Z is covered in the driveway, where it will rest for the winter (if this is what you want to call a winter). The suspension is 16 years old, and obviously sloppy, so i’m not worried about raising it off the ground for the sake of sparing a good suspension…there’s not much there to preserve. My concern is the damage possibly done to tires. I dont know how this makes sense, but i was once told that letting a car sit for an extended period of time could and would lead to bald spots forming on the tires where they are in contact with the ground…while i dont understand this (if there’s no movement, there’s no friction, and therefore no wearing down of the rubber/tread…right???), i’m still concerned. Am i OK leaving the car just parked for the next 4 months or so, or should i have it off the ground? what else is spared by having the car in the air when being stored?

You’ll be fine leaving it on the ground. I’ve done it for the past few winters without any problem.

Leave it on the ground, add a few extra psi in the tires, roll it to a slightly different spot once a month. Whatever you do, dont start it just because unless you plan on going out and beating on it for 30-40 minutes.

why not start it unless i plan on beating it for a while?

and i dont plan on starting it at all, once the fuel stabilizer goes in and i let it circulate for a bit…i dont start the car again until i’m ready to let the car run for long enough to get all that shit out of the fuel

because you wont get the car up to operating temp and well get carbon build up. Atleast thats what i remember hearing.

Because condensation/carbon builds up and that isnt good for anything.

:word: You’re avoiding flat spots, not bald spots. The tire can actually deform.