emmission test help

gotta pass my emmissions test before my b-day which on the sept 18. So i’m wondering what should i do before the test to get the pos ready, and then what to do during the test other retard the timing allot.

btw it puffs blue oil smelling smoke once in a while still. Wondering if i should switch from castrol syntec to valvonine max life or an additive that might stop the oil buring.
also it idle’s normally but sometimes when i blip the throttle it will sputter then it revs, then the idle will dip to like 300 then go to 500 and slowly come back up to a normal idle

Are you really so busy that you can’t proof read what you wrote? Or think about what you wanna write and then write it coherently.

what works in my case!! 94 gas with fuel and meth, fresh oil, and make sure i run the car hard so its nice and hot before it goes in!! im my case so results may be different

ya dude my bad, cannot type, spelling fuk dat lol jok, but on a serious note gotta remember to do that proof reading

1. Go as early as you can…Oxygen levels drop more then 2% in the atmosphere after rush hour.
  2. Make sure your engine is at operating temperature.
  3. Remove your air filter.
  4. Higher octane fuel can increase the NOx levels but they do clean your system so it’s best to run a tank of high octane empty and then run the test with whatever octane your vehicle calls for.
  5. Proper running spark plugs are important. They’re also relatively inexpensive so make sure you check them before you go.

That’s all I can think of…hope it helps

test as hot rod

thanks for all the help guys the almighty POS13 PASSED
at 40km/h
HC ppm limit was 64 it got 61
co % limit was 0.35 it got 0.28
NO ppm limit was 0485 it got 195

CURB IDLE

HC PPM limit was 200 it got 49
co % limit was 1 it got 0.19

changed oil and filter, o2 sensor and plugs thanks dan, cap, and dumped some sonoco 91 and then drove it like i stole it