Energy Suspension bushings?

Anyone here have experience with these? Prothane ones are only $20 more, but these come in ricer red also lol I need to do the bushings this spring either way, so OEMish kit off ebay, or these?

EnergySuspension: http://www.jegs.com/i/Energy+Suspension/355/16-18103G/10002/-1
http://www.jegs.com/i/Energy+Suspension/355/16-18103R/10002/-1

Energy suspension is real nice… prothane can suck a dick

Or do I buy new arms and such, that already have bushings, and have that installed? I will have to be paying someone to do this, I have no means to do it myself. So Im looking for my most cost effective option, and I will be lowering the car 2.5" at the same time.

Front Control Arms
Rear Uppers
Rear Lowers
^^^ Gotta get dat jdm keychain yo lol

I’m running the Energy Suspension kit on my crx, however, there are a few bits that Energy Suspension didn’t have (readily) available, so I ordered the Prothane equivalent.

That being said, I looked up all kinds of reviews, comments, experiences, etc., with Energy Suspension kits- found lots of bad reviews, and almost as many good- I still went with Energy because, well, it’s cheaper. Either way- it’s def more about the installation than anything- you can’t cram a nice new urethane bushing in a rusty, jagged opening and expect it to last. I actually sandblasted and repainted my subframe and all the suspension pieces first, then did all the bushings. I personally think that makes all the difference, in terms of longevity of the bushings.

If you have the means, I’d say get new pieces, just because of how cheap you can grab all the parts off ebay or whatnot. Alot quicker than tearing your car apart, refinishing all the pieces, installing new bushings, then reassembling.

Ive heard lots of good things about the Energy Suspension bushings

I think most bad reviews are from people looking for a whole new level of handling with no trade offs and thought a set of bushings were the way to go.

they will make the suspension feel a little tighter. They will also bind more if not kept lubricated, as well as transfer more road noise and feel through the chassis. squeaks when cold can also be common. I assume that from a lack of lube tho.

Same here.

When I still had my Maxima, they were all the rage the last 10-12 months or so that I owned it. Many of the guys on the forum(s) were replacing their stock stuff with energy suspension bushing. I even did a couple small ones, but didn’t notice any difference but I didn’t do the whole front end like some people were doing.

Suspension will definitely feel tighter! :slight_smile: Maintenance will be an issue on this setup- you will need to keep the bushings greased regularly. I generally try to pull mine apart once a year or so to clean out/re-grease. Some people just rig up zerk fittings where possible and grease them that way. Drying out due to lack of grease, dirt or other contaminate will def result in squeaking/creaking/binding/sticking.

Energy Suspension, prothane, etc (few more companies out there) They are all basically the same stuff. Some have more, less or different applications. The master sets depending on what they come with can be very labor intensive. I have seen some applications that have so many press in bushings install times can be 5 hours to 15 hours for minimal gains for a street car. I would looking to some nice aftermarket adjustable control arms. With your honda application there are many nice options with skunk2, spc, ingalls, etc.

You can always pm me I can get just about anything

There are a few key spots where bushing distortion or deflection are more extreme and addressing those areas may yield some benefit. But other than that I wouldn’t want them on the whole car.

The best thing they can do is help wheel hop. But in Hondas I only have seen wheel hop in cars with neglected suspensions. I have seen good factory parts go 1.6 60’ at ~500whp

Im really leaning towards getting the new arms and everything, instead of the bushing kit. The car is 19 years old now, and even thought I have done well taking care of it, there is some rust on the quarter, which would lead me to believe there is probably rust elsewhere under the car. I havent physically been under it myself in some time. I want the OEMish stuff as its never going to be a crazy hp car, or be stupidly low, its just my fun driver. I have to do some more research as far as prices and what not. I would love to take the time like you did Crappachico, as I plan on keeping the car around, I just dont have the means. JVG can you price me some lower rear arms? Thats about the only aftermarket parts Im looking at right now.

do you have a brand preference.

No, no preference really. Just not looking to spend a lot, but I want legit parts.

I have them for my shifter bushings . Havent had a problem with them , oem ones seized up .

As far as control arms go I have omni adjustable arms

http://shift518.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3493&stc=1&d=1297712527