energy suspension

s14 years are about 6" longer then s13 rears. Fronts are identicle, minus having to drill out the holes on the mount to accommadate a larger diameter bolt.

I guess I meant to say that with most coilovers, the lower rear mounts for S14 are longer than the Z32/S13 mounts. So when you switch them out, your S14 is now slammed, even at max ride height.

That’s the only logical answer I can think of to explain the problem the S14 guys are having.

so no one is using pillow bushing in the rear knuckles instead of bushings. can there be any disadvantage to using them[ pillow bushings]. this would solve the greasing problem and a lot less movement in the knuckle.

No difference between the colours. Upgrading your bushing makes these old cars feel solid again. It takes time labour-wise, but it is definately worth it.

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

…and yes, grease them. even if other cars dont get sqeaks,its best it do it properly cause quite frankly, they give you the grease for a reason.

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

…and yes, grease them. even if other cars dont get sqeaks,its best it do it properly cause quite frankly, they give you the grease for a reason.

I just got the red ones… working on the front right now and should be doing the rear end stuff next week. Then hopefully driving so I can let you know if they squeek. I will be using the grease and cleaning out all the holes nicely before install. I really hope it dosent squeek just cuz its red, cuz that would suck.

ok so i installed them, i used the black ones because i did read that they were better. lots and lots of grease. now i can say that there is a huge difference in the stiffness and response in handling. its way better than OEM. also installed sold aluminum bushing on subframe. In the words of Ricky Bobby: the car handled real good… i felt like i was on a spaceship. and were real happy with what was goin on and a…at the end of the day you know you got to be happy…everything ended up fine :stuck_out_tongue:

Spilner is correct about the color difference. R=Red, is non graphite, more for those who just want some urathane bushings and to show them off, G=Graphite (black), which assists in lubrication and longevity. I called them and spoke to their engineer to find out once and for all.

good to have some closure, read this thread when it was alive, i got the black ones. Thanks for the answers ^^^^^^

A friend of mine from college was doing the z32 upright swap into his 240 and i recommend he modify the upright to accept a 240sx coil. After a little bit of thinking i convinced him to just build an aluminum foundry and we could cast our existing knuckles front and back in alum using simple sand casting techniques. the foundry is now built and working. When I get back to school in thunder bayI’ll keep you guys posted on how the rest of the parts turn out. If things pan out we can also modify the front knuckles for proper arm alignment and more steering angle.