energy suspension

is there a real difference between the red kit and the black kit? Do you really have to grease them if you use them for daily driving? Is squeaking a big problem and binding? Is it better to go with the nismo rubber ones for more money. does anyone have any first hand experence with any of this stuff? Any input would be great thanks.

Best thing I ever did for my car was install an ES Bushing Kit. I got the red ones, didn’t really grease them much because everything was Powder Coated and silky smooth but the ride is nice, no squeaking or anything.

So zero complaints here and I’d do it again without hesitating.

There is no difference between the colors.

Some purist gearhead geeks think that the red ones are no good because of the dye they use but that is bs cause I’m pretty sure the black ones have dye in them too.

It would be too coincidental that the concoction that they came up with was a nice shiny black.

I would advise greasing them though, you’ll extend the life of them along with the time that they don’t squeak.

how often must they be greesed?

Once, only when you install them. The come with the grease too… and lots of it.

oh thats not bad then. i figured id be under the car every weekend greesing them. id be dd it and tracking the car so does the dd take a toll on thoes bushings? i read that they might wear faster and require more greesing

can you buy a set at Canadian Tire?

anyone using pillow bushings in the rear knuckle instead of bushings?

lol.

you can.

How often they need to be greased is debatable.
Some say once. some say once every 6 months. Some say once a month.
If I were to go that route. I’d install grease nipples and grease them every month or two.

I hate to disagree with my boy Theo…

BUT…

(I know this since I sell Energy) The black ones are infused with graphite and they do not squeak. The red ones go squeak squeak squeak as you drive down the road/track.

We barely stock the red ones at PI, we special order them for showcar tools who like the redness and never drive their cars.

The part numbers have R and G at the end, the G stands for Graphite.

and yeah, best thing you can do to your car is install the hyperflex kit. DOOO IT

what are you people talking about?

the grease is for installation. You don’t need to re-grease them. That’s only for certain swaybar bushings, and they have grease nipples on them.

Werd.

The original grease that you install them with WILL wear out over time, creating sticktion(friction) in the bushing, a resistance to movement and causing the bushings to wear. OP, if you look in my thread (Project: Do Work) I installed grease nipples at all the poly bushings, I think I posted the How-to link in the thread somewhere as well.

Edit:

How do you figure? According to ES you dont need to regrease them, yes. But ideally you want as close to zero friction as possible in your suspension components and a well greased bushing will get you a hell of alot closer to that then a dry piece of poly and metal rotating together. That said, NO its not imperitave that you ever regrease them once you put them in, but performance/longevity wise it is a good idea.

Good to know about the red/black thing though, didnt know that.

Tyler, I am going to disagree with you on the chemical make-up being different.

I did a group buy on hyperflex kits a couple years back where I sold about 20 full kits and a bunch of partial kits.
As the good businessman I am, I did quite a bit of research on this topic as I had many people asking me about it.

There is no difference.

If you can prove it to me, I will agree with you, but I looked hard to find evidence of this and it was all just hear-say in the end.

I did, however, get the black kit for myself. :slight_smile:

hyperflex@energysuspension.com, why not email and ask? lol

A guy on NRR developed a full spherical setup for the Z32 uprights, then one of the machine shop guys made a run or two of them. I was contemplating buying up the last kit (that I could find), but I dunno if I want to spend $500 US on bearings + knuckles, then have to change my rear lower coilover mounts.

However, they are sick!

Does the hyperflex kit incude subframe bushings? LAst time I researched this about a year ago, they were not included, and had to be ordered seperate.

Look into the Z32 uprights on S14. Apparently it doesn’t go over so well.The shock length on Z32 and S13 have almost the same shock length. S14 shock length is longer. Apparently this causes issues with binding…

I think the S14 shocks are shorter, and therefore you’re super slammed.
Haven’t fully looked at it in detail, but with an adjustable coilover I think you can get it to work. You also have to use the Z32 lower mounts, as they’re different than the S14 mounts.