Engine Bearing Coatings Worth the Cost?

Alright, I am actually trying to make headway with the parts still, contrary to popular belief. I’m not going to buy anything else until I have what’s needed to finish my engine as far as the parts pile is concerned.

So, this brings me to my question: who has dealt with calico coated bearings versus the standard uncoated bearing? I plan on running either ACL brand bearings or OEM bearings, ACL being the option with the Calico coating of course.

Also, has anyone dealt with Darton sleeves? They’re readily available plus seem affordable compared to my other options such as HKS, JUN or Tomei…

Thanks fellas… and N!cole/Sam.:rofl

I used clevite bearings in my SR no special coating or whatever. I have Darton sleeves in my SR. The first set released for the SR actually. Altough the price for machine shop to put them in was quite high

The benefit of using a coated bearing lies in the protection during initial startup period where oil pressure is low or non existent. The moly coatings hold oil film longer and better than a bare metal surface as well. They provide a small margin of safety against scuffing and galling. Any actual power performance benefit is going to be negligible.

Calico is the only coating company I use for bearing coating when actually spec’ed out. Very consistent and good quality. Good people to talk to as well :slight_smile: Typically the cost of ACL coated vs non coated ACL’s are so small I tend to just use coated bearings.

Calico coated bearings ftw!

Yeah I never thought I would get more power, but I just wasn’t sure how much more of a margin of safety they provide. Sounds like I’ll be going with some coated ACL race bearings.

Thanks guys.:hug

Really? I thought the same thing.

:wtf

Shop Saks For Spring 2009’s Latest Collections In Designer Handbags!Handbags Online.See This Week’s Featured Items.Buy J Replica Jimmy Choo HandbagsSave 65%,Free Shipping,7Days TO USA.Find spring’s latest Replica handbags at cocobags.com.

fuck spam.