Engine Import Laws

Hey wats up, i’m new to alot of this, but i just wanted to know if there are any laws concerning importing an engine from Japan into Canada? For example doing a swap of the normal 240sx engine to a actaul silvia engine? How does that work here in Canada?

Silvia engines are illegal here. You need a 180SX engine instead… they never sold the fixed lights end here, so it’s illegal.

actaully the gallow 26 that came in the sil80 from the nismo factory is legal here too if you swap to the rb22 turbos… they have different coolant injectors that comply with canadian coolant codes.

GT

honestly, do some research before posting such dumb things.

PS. I’d buy a Gallow 26.

son is being swarmed.

do some research.

If you replace your the factory flux capacitor that comes with the Silvia engine with one from a U.S 240sx, it should pass the minor inpection clause in the charter of vehicular legalities. The thing is, its hard to line up 5 of the 4 bolts unless you are using a hybrid timing light (expensive to buy, hard to find to rent).

This byasses the canadian coolant code problem by bypassing the main bypass valve in favor of the tertiary cylinders. (actually gives more horsepower too)

Check on google, you should see 2-3 how-to’s on doing it, its about a days work.

Good luck with the swap! :thumleft:
I wish i could afford a 240 :frowning:

I don’t own a 240 yet, its just a thought that came to my mind and it ain’t a dumb question

actually it is.

we like searching… its fun for everyone and warrents answers all the time.

you could play with us next time… but you dont have a 240… so ur not allowed.

GT

Bahahaha - classic!

ok sure

If you watch F&F3 again, at one point you can hear a guy in the background of the first drfit scene talking abouthe SRD20, and I heard once you can get those in Canada

Don’t let these guys fool you! The reason why they’re driving you in circles is to stop you from finding out the truth. A B18C from an Integra is a DIRECT bolt in, and works beautifully with the Integra front end. With all that VTEC on tap, the car just hawlz ass.

the sr20det isnt ileagle in ontario you guys are mistaking this with the states.

Actually a new federal law was just passed last Sunday which states that any engine modified to incorporate the use of aluminum is now illegal. Seeing as how aluminum is toxic and can cause terrible ozone deformation, the SRD20 from the Silvia is considered a weapon of mass destruction in Canada. It has been this way in the US for some time. That is why it is illegal.

I, on the other hand, would recommend that you radify your supercharger actuator control valve by 25.245 degrees. This will actually transform your engine into the well known RB26DETT, which comes in the '67 Ford Mustang. With that you can become the king of drifting in Japan.

Don’t tell anyone, but i heard the RB26DETT comes with VTEC.

hardy harr harrrrr

lol noob ownage status = maximum velocity.

GT