Engine knock diagnoses

Motor setup, Top down.
Stock cams / BC272 cams, stock rockers, stock lifters, BC titanium spring/retainer kit.
Stock valves
Cometic HG, ARP studs
Arias pistons, Eagle Rods, ARP bolts. Motor has 8500 kms since fresh rebuild with all OEM seals / gaskets / bearings.
Greddy 5l oil pan
15w40 oil. Oil pressure is between 30-100 depending on temp, and rpm.

This motor has been driven with this noise for 500 HARD kms. 20 psi on BC 272 cams putting down ~300whp. Ran a 12.8 @109 on this setup, with this ignorant tick. I think that if it were rod knock, the bearing would have self destructed by now, or the noise would have at least increased in volume / change in sound.

What happens:
When cold (oil cold, first 45 seconds – 1 minute) operating, no knock/tick
Knocking/ticking noise between 2200-3500 rpm, on accell and decal, regardless of load.

What I’ve done:
Changed cams, rocker arms, lifters, to try and eliminate the head as the issue. Now im stumped. Here is the video

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n260/daveowen/th_VID00000-20100825-1442.jpg

pull your belts off and see if it goes away? I’ve heard some water pumps make a noise like that before

timing chain guides could be warn, known to make knock against valve cover at operating temp

yeah i was think timing chain guides as well.

definatley some chain rattle going on there…i used to own a vr6…same thing

pull the valve cover and see if the plastic guides are broken/damaged or if there is slack in the chain…ideally there should be none

None of you think its rodknock?