engine lagging

when i open the throttle its takes a second for the revs to go up,
my guess is the fuel delivery is being delayed, and the open throtle starves it for a second and can almost stall out when taking off from a stand still
also when driving it’ll happen too, like a cylinder is not firing at random

seems unrelated i think, but this problem started to happen when i only had a cat and no muffler or resonator, so no back pressure, drove like that for the better part of a day till i got it welded back up

this has me slightly confused :stuck_out_tongue:

its a stock ka24e

its ur air filter or your ecu/Oxygen sensor try removing your filter and seeing if it makes a difference. If it does its a gud excuse to get a K&N :lol:
If you see no difference replace your Oxygen sensor

And if you still see no difference Get an SR

filter is good
so i’ll give the o2 sensor a check
but would no backpressure mess it up?
because the that’s when the problem started

try to tighten your throttle cable, (get it taut, then loosen adj. nut 1/2 turn)

and just to strip any glory the KA has left, it backs out timing chronically when you first punch it. Also, under WOT the fuel ratio is pre-determined, so 02 is ignored, ECU goes into open loop.

i try to re-work my TPS today, to defend from evil hesitation.

in addition, check all ECCS system components.

just a basic info bit:

(rolling down the road friday knight w.out any cat, i knew i had fallen victim to this theorem)

Like a delicate eco-system, your motor needs to be in a state of balance. Everything has to be harmonized…harmonizing exhaust is no exception.
Most all stock NA motors need a small% of back pressure to create exhaust scavenging effect to operate well across the board, or lackthereof :? . Its the water hose analogy :smiley: (ive always wondered why my uncles accord had no power when its muffler dropped off)

Problem is fixed now.
Thanks for the tips guys. Turns out that the o2 sensor was gone.
The bad sensor was making my engine run outrageously rich, fuel mist in the exhaust.
With the new sensor on, everythings actually running better than when i first got the car :smiley: