Engine Noise

Hey there I hope that someone out there may be able to help me out with a recent problem that I have run into with my 2008 Altima 2.5S.
I brought the car to my auto shop to get rid of my rear squeaky break pads and roters with only 29,000kms on the car because Nissan would not.
When my mechanic was drive testing it he told me of a pinging/knocking noise coming from the engine.
I brought the car to Nissan and they had it for (2) days only to tell me that there is a noise and they don’t know where it is coming from or how to fix it…great what I need to hear.
The above information was given to me after the mechanic at Nissan got a hold of the Nissan Tec line for advice.
I guess I would like to know if anyone here has run into the same problem and if there is a solution to get rid of the noise before it causes more damage to the engine?
I have put in a few complaints with the customer service/ complaints department and have been give the same run around because they don’t have any answers other then they will look into it for me.

Me again

I just want you to know that I got a call from Nissan Customer Service and was told after all that the testing and them admitting the noise from the engine was not normal they changed their minds.
Nissan Canada Techs and the service manager at Oakville Nissan now decided that the noise is nothing to worry about because there isn’t anything wrong with the car.
Wow now that is really cute""""""""""""""""""""
Is there anyone out there who knows a good Nissan Mechanic that I can go to and get a second opinion?
This is really starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth and I need to get to the bottom of it to satisfy my own curiosity.
This is only my second Nissan car that I have owned and am starting to have my doubts about the quality of the workmanship if they really stand by their products.

maybe you can take it to another dealership and get a second opinion? I hear that sherway nissan is one of best dealerships and they are very knowledgeable…

Thanks bud I will

I don’t know where you live bro, but i know a pretty good mechanic that has been working on Nissans for 20 years, and I’m pretty sure he will be able to tell you exactly what that noise is all about.
Address: 200 Mulock Drive, unit 11, Newmarket.

pinging or knocking noise… sounds bad bro…
ususally when u hear these noises, its a sign that the engine is about to go.
however ur driving a new car with 28 cliks. doesnt seem likely.

are u by any chance loosing any engine oil?
are u monitering ur vehicles fluids weekly or biweekly?
or did u get ur oil change done recently?
when u notice this noise?

hey yow call me oakss, i have a ser specv 03 that had the same knocking & oil finishing before it’s time but nissan canada changed it and said it was engine matters so at second hand i got it at 83ks, and got a new engine no charge…but its still there man ,but the oil seems ok . i was waching youtube and this guy was showing his blow af valve,then i read the comment 1 person said if he do’nt hear the rodes are knocking … and thats what i’ve been hearing