engine oil smells like gas

i was wondering what could cause my engine oil to smell like gas, i have a redtop sr20det with.

• fmic, warlbro 225lph fuel pump, and thats about it the rest is stock i have it running at 10psi. new spakr plugs bkr7eix.

I did a compression test and it seems ok 2 me this is what i got 148,150,148,150 and i got some one to crank the car while i had the fuel rail unbolted none are stuck open .

If anyone knows any possible cause that i should check out let me know, also could the fact that i have a warlbro with a stock fpr be the problem. o yea and after i do a oil change it would smell like gas like a day or so after i drive it , i drive about 200km i day. and the car eats alot of gas and seems to miss alittle on idle.

its been running like this for a while i had it in my fastback before and im pritty sure i noticed this then but didnt pay attention to it and now its in my s14 and since it was swapped in at the end of march its been like this.

check your sparks. even a coil pack, if you have a miss then its dumping the gas and its not igniting so you probably get alot of cylinder wash. takes the oil off the sides of the cylinders and the gas that is filling up leaks down and sits in your oil.
i broke a coil pack wire before and it was missing and from me driving from my house to my friends shop i had bad cylinderwash

thanks ill check that for sure, ino im getting spark in all cylinders for sure but maybe it might be less in one of em ill check and post back.

check your afr’s, if your running too rich ~10 than the gas can make its way into the oil

im pritty sure im running a rich, my bumper usualy turns black after a little while where the muffler is and i back fire like every shift, the problem i have is i cant scan the car cuz it is a s14 with a redtop, i also have no computer or device hooked up that will let me know how much fuel and stuff im getting.

it was raining when i got home from work 2 day so i didnt check the spark but i cleaned my K&n airfilter :smiley: , do u guys think that my stock fpr may be letting to much fuel in since i have the warlbro 225lph fuel pump.

could be piston rings too

I’ve got my money on a leaky injector or bad FPR!

i dont think its piston rings my compressoin was not messed up it wsa normal for a sr and ive seen lower compression on sr’s but yea my biggest doubt is the fpr. if anyone has one for sale let me know and wat kind should i get the nismo 1 is a bit pricy and then there is a bunch on ebay for like 60 bucks.

I have an good OEM FPR if your interested…

no i rather go with aftermarket if i chaning it cuz im gonna need it alter on when i decide to do more stuff.

i checked the spark and its fine in all cylinders i also decided to do the compressoin test again cuz i did it about a month ago last time and it was 150 on the dot in every cylinder. i think the miss ii have on idle is the iacv becuz i cleaned it about 2 months ago my car used to stall on me so it may still have a little carbon buildup in it. so guys im looking at the fpr if anyone has a good condition fpr that is adjustable let me know.

I say running rich, more specifically atmospheric BOV causing to run rich when it goes off.

my bov is recirculated

im waiting for some money to come in so i can go buy a new fpr
hopefully that is the cause of the gas in my engine oil.

i grabbed a nismo adjustable fpr and installed it 2 day , so far 1 good thing has come out of it that is the fact that my car doesnt have that gassy exhaust smell coming anymore.
Im gonna do a oil change tom and drive it and just cross my fingers and hope my problem is gone.

Is it gone? Was it a faulty stock fpr

it was over 2 years ago it helped though, but the car was running a little rich cuz of atmo’d bov. but it did help dont just go change parst though if its running rich figure out what is the cuase. but ino that was my porblem my car was running a just a litte rich so my oil smelt like gas not very badly but just a bit and lets say i chaged the oil i would notice the smell after about a month it was my DD.