Gas in Oil...SR20

Does anyone know what could be the cause of this? when i take out my dipstick it smells like fuel, also when i take the filler cap off the valve cover it also smells like fuel, not just a little either, it smells really bad. could this be the head or the head gasket? and help would be appreciated.
thanks

have you been running it long enough to burn the fuel in the oil from startup. if it hasnt been driven long than 3km then prolly not. either that or you have a leaky injector.

mike

Did you flood it? That can do it to. I would change the oil befor you start the car.

are there any checks or anything else i can do be4 i start it after i change the oil?

ooo… i just thought of somehting, when i took it for a drive the last time, one of my intercooler pipes blew off (clamp wasn’t tight) anyways, i drove it home like that, for maybe 2 or 3 minutes. could this have flooded it? or some how caused gas to get in the oil, because the car would barely run.

Just change the oil and filter and drive a bit, then check to make sure the oil is good with no gas. Ya that could have made if flood. It thinks your getting 9psi (example) so its putting that about of gas. But really your only running atmosphere. So that’s a lot of wasted gas.
Ya that probably did it.
Some one correct me if I am wrong.