Engine rebuild shops?

Looking to rebuild a Dohc Ka. Any suggestions on shops in GTA?

Try etobicoke engines on kipling and olivewood they do pretty good work from what ive seen.

www.ajaxengines.com

I’ve been promoting this shop since they did my SR. Top notch workmanship.

How much did they charge you for rebuilding ur sr? what did you get done?

It was around 800-900 IIRC
They did:
bore, deck, hot tank, balance crank, put in new bearings, and block assembly, they also machined my flywheel for me.

I supplied the Wiseco Piston kit which was about another 800 i think

I dont know its either a hit or miss with them. I heard good stories and enough horror stories with them.

sorry for noob question but thats what iam, what is done in an engine rebuild, when when they rebuild anything actually, take the thing apart and refurbish it?

^yes so to speak, “refresh” it. make it new/ or stronger (support more power)

esentially if you are getting the bottom end rebuilt they will depending on what you need:
first they strip all the parts off the block
bore (if you are going with bigger pistons)
deck (make sure everything is nice and level)
hot tank
as well, they should rebalance the crank and clean up and reinstall all the parts that ask them to install (bearings, rods, rod bolts, pistons, piston rings, etc)

the above is for the bottom end
if you get the entire longblock rebuilt (head+bottom end)
they should port out the head if you ask them to (increases air flow, resulting in better spool times, etc)
they should also reinstall the remaining parts (valves, valve springs, cams, etc)

so to answer the above question, when they do a proper rebuilt, they should take everything apart and reinstall everything to make sure everything is working properly

how exactly do they “rebalance” a crank?

i’m not the engineer here but i would suppose they check to see if it’s balanced and if not they shave off some of the metal on it so it is?
but what do i know

mississauga engines ask to speak to ceasar great guy