engine running a little rich/rough?????

i got my car back today after being at the dealer for 4 days. i traded in my 04 se-r for a 06. for some reason, the 04 felt a lot faster then my 06 does. i have all the upgradeds from my 04 on the 06. i really don’t want to go back to get looked at again. i like hybrid, and they do great work, but are there any places closer to the city of pgh that could possibly retune my ecu???

i think when they put in the new sensor, it made something a little off. it runs fine, but it doesn’t have the same punch my 04 did. i was driving home tonite real late(3am), and went against a rsx. we were neck and neck for a while, then he started to gain on me. i know they are fast, but i held my own a lot better in my 04 then i did tonite. nothing agaisnt his car, it was nice, but when i hit 115-120 it started to hit a wall. in my 04, it didn’t do it until the 125 mark, any helpful opinions would be great…

please tell me you got a 6spd… and bring it to Jay he does miracles for nissans.

did you have an old red sentra that had sentra across the top of the windsheild? and do you go to CCAC north?

no, its an auto…but the only reason is if i ever decide to add a turbo, its faster with the auto then the 6 speed. the gearing isn’t the best for the specs.
and where/who is jay???
and no, my car is yellow…

auto :doh:

Dude I bet they detuned your car and took horsepower away, or maybe you really do have a lemon… or well no. You put a paper filter and an exhaust on a 160hp economy car. Come on now, what did you expect? last time i checked (paper + stainless steal + sentra didnt = 900hp supra) Nismo this Nismo that looks like your going to run 16 flat…

:doh:

SO u bought another one and u ran an RSX and wasn’t impressed? Ur problem is that u need to buy a new car,pref a GM and 6 or 8 cyl!

Stop over in sewickley and let me drive it. I havent exploded anything in a while.

all you are funny. i had a 6 cyl gm, it fell apart on me. that one is out. the reason i got the new one is i liked my old one. it was pretty quick, and it did feel faster then my new one. i don’t know how fast new gp gts are, but my 04 beat one. my brother owns it. the new one doesn’t have the same punch. and its true on the b15 frame, if a turbo is added, it is faster auto then the 6 speed. the redline is lower on the specs-se-r then most other imports, that is why the 6 speed is really useless. when nissan made the se-r with a 5 speed, it was actually faster in the 1/4 then the spec-v. a few people have cracked into the low 12’s with a turbo spec-v, at around 6lbs. of boost. there are a few more that have cracked just under 12 seconds with the auto. if it stays n/a, then a stick on my car will always be faster, but the turbo auto is always faster then a stick

Must be the same reason my high school english teacher opted for the auto aswell…

thtas a good one, never heard that one before. honestly, i don’t know if im keeping the car, as of today-xams, my cel came back on. thats the 5th time since i got it a week and 1/2 ago. im going to the dealer tom, and i’ll see what happens…

I highly doubt they will give your old car back.

Good luck tomorrow with the dealer. Not that it matters now but it Probaly would’ve been much more fun to drive if it was the 6spd.:slight_smile:

it would have been. it is nice to have the 6 spped. but if anything, they should make it wuith the 5 speed again. it was faster then the 6 speed. thats the problem with the spec, its a 6 spped, but it has a low redline, so you can’t take full advantage of the 6 spped. i went up against a few specs on the highway, and held my own and even won a few, in the city, it would be different.

I thought the Ser spe V was always a 6 speed?

it is, but they make an se-r version. same engine, everything, but its an auot.