Enhanced Drivers License

Anyone got one? Worth it?

its convienient I suppose, but really not worth it… It cant be used in way more places then it can be… Canada and two other countries I think…

I’ve got one! I had to get one because of work. Can only be used for land border crossings I believe, like driving into Canada.

Oh okay.

I was considering getting one (my registration renewal came in and had a link for info about it) but I didn’t realize it was only for land crossings.

I was thinking of getting one for when I go on my honeymoon in August somewhere in the caribbean (I guess some of the islands honor it or whatever).

I’ll just stick to the passport. I’ve never been to Canada or Mexico and don’t intend to ever go to either place.

I’ve got it. I was going to get a passport but it’s faster to get the EDL, cheaper too. Simple and cheap, go for it.

Yea, I’m pretty sure it can’t be used for flights into other countries. They give you a shielded sleeve to put it in since it has an RFID chip. More details here: http://www.dmv.ny.gov/edl-faqs.htm

I’ve got it when I went to Canada.

Costs around ~$50 and then more to renew in future years.

I have one. My parents made me get it. I don’t know why I need it.

/pjb

EDLs can only be used for land travel to Canada and possibly Mexico.

If you’re going to do any air/boat travel, just get a passport.

“Enhanced” for the FBI for the ease of tracking…:rofl

Nice Jim :lol I have it for when I go to cannuck land for fishing/hunting trips with my father and uncle. Hate taking the passport up there.

I already have a current passport that expires in 2019…so I’m set there. I just figured an EDL may be an easier/less important document to carry around as opposed to a passport. But yes, I will be flying so it probably won’t help me anyway.

Yeah, because a passport is such a large and bulky item to lug around.

EDL is good for land and sea border crossings. The fee is an extra 30 bucks. I work for DMV and feel if you already have a valid passport it’s not worth it to get an EDL.