EPA to Automakers: Horsepower War is Over.

HOLY SHIT.

the guy with the LESSER penis drives a viper.

go figure.

actually probably sooner than that :snky:

I’m taking a class right now called energy for the enviroment, its not too bad. There is a greater amount of pollution coming from coal fire power plants than almost anything else, it would take ~30 years to develop means to take over the amount of power that is produced by them. They are coming up with better technologys(scrubers) to clean the air before it is released into the atmosphere. But still the effects of coal is still not great even with the scruber technology.

Nuclear would be pretty good but what are you going to do with the spent fuel since the government doesn’t want plutonium to be traveling around the USA. Yuca Mountain? but people around there don’t want a storage site. No new nuclear power plants have been built in 30 years, yet france the leader has built ~40 and are almost 100% run by nuclear.

Green fuel. There are basicly no more location to put up dams eventhough it ruins the eco-system behind the dam so many enviromentalist don’t like them. Solar power is expensive and you would need a shitload of cells, and the most windiest parts of the country are the most deserted parts of the country, you need an average wind speed of 14 MPH to be worth it and the USA only has an average of 10mph. Geothermal basicly free energy after the intial cost.

As far as the EPA goes about cars, I can understand why they want to bring emissions down, so people can acctually see them trying to make a differance. I plan on getting a high MPG car in the future but I am also going to have a high Horse power car as a weekend rig.

I personally plan on running a high mpg car as a daily and a not so high mpg car for fun, when I build a house I am going to be looking into geothermal and solar or wind depending on the location.

Cliffs: there are so many other air pollution causes by other thisng than cars that the government need to look at first.

I get 18ish city driving in my vr6 lol.
If I grandma drive it I can pull 23, but that doesn’t happen often.

they need to implement stock :tspry:
you can grandma drive it all you want with solid MPG, then when you need the power, hit the switch. When you’re done, shut it off.
Then they can have N2o at gas stations. That would be hot.

Another fine example of Liberal Fascism.
“we are your govt and we are here to help you.”(With a big ass smile on their face)

Quote Jays response, “What has a penguin done for me lately”!!!Oh god I think I just pee’d a little,
Oh wait, is that good or bad for the enviornment??
A Penguin walks into a repair shop & asks if they can fix his car, the shop owner says, sure but it’ll be an hour or so. The penguin says fine & goes for a walk. Stops at an ice cream stand, gets a ice cream cone. Eats that, goes back to the shop in a hour or so, The shop owner says “you blew a seal” the penguin says “no, it’s just ice cream honest!”

Awww, Lafengas and Newman are on the same team… thats so cute.

And Newman, have you been trying to catch a glimpse of my cacker again? You dumbass, I dont know about you sometimes. :gay2:

Isnt it posted somewhere that the prerequisite to buying a Viper is have a 3" peter? I am pretty sure thats posted somewhere on the internet…

really hte article is a giant waste, a 747 uses 2000gal of fuel idling one hour before takeoff according to popular mechanics february edition (or mayb january?)

jay leno went on and on with a million examples about how cars are not the answer to ending our problems, imagine if there werent any fucking cars? try fucking getting around, fucking epa retards actually get to think with their heads up their asses, and for sure 4 cylinder turbos in something like a tahoe def isnt the answer

I could see 2000lbs of fuel… 2k gal is a little ridic…

especially running at idle… On take off :slight_smile: thats where it really matters they dump some serious shit into those motors

Yes, PopSci has a writeup in the current addition about greener skies. Good read.

The government pushes for cars to be cleaner, because cars are more visible. Lawmakers get elected to office by being visible. Visibility > effectiveness as far as beauracracy.

Why hasn’t anyone learned this?

For you nerds talking about MPG of a 747… you have to look at it PEOPLE MILES PER GALLON…

In which case… the 747 beats everything… the train comes 2nd and an Excursion beats a Prius.

In terms of work getting done…
How many gallons of fuel will a Civic consume to move 70,000lbs of food from A to B? At what MPG?
How many gallons of fuel will a semi consume to move the same load at 5-8mpg?

Having a Prius with 1 person in it doesn’t benefit the community as much as an Excursion with 8 people in it.

Take enough drops out of the bucket and the bucket gets empty

Okay Jack, now consider how many people miles are racked up per year by the excurion, and extrapolate the MPG waste.

Excursion tallies 12,000 miles / yr.
2000 of those are with 8 people
5000 are with 2 people
5000 are with 1 person

So, 31000 people miles per year. Lets assume that the static MPG was 12.

31k / 12 = 2,583 gal fuel

Now, the Prius racks up 12,000 / yr.
2000 w/4 people
5000 w/2 people
5000 w1 person

23000 people miles per year, at static 30 mpg.

23k/30 = 766 gal of fuel.

2583 / 766 = 3.372

So, I could use 3.4 Prius’ to compensate for any shortcomings in the “work done” overall.

Technology will allow for both High HP and MPG…and alternatives to the internal combustion engine that will be fast and fun …

Now that I’ve cleaned up the shit… Next person to go OT in this thread will be banned, no exceptions.

I get roughly 12 mpg in my oversized suv and I love every minute of it, the government does not pay for my gas.

Law/Civil right etc. is definitely not my area of expertise, however what happened to our rights as citizens of the US?
Go ahead and tell me i’m wrong here, I very well could be. I just feel I should have the right if I choose so to ride comfortably as i’m 6’4’’ roughly 210 lbs in a fairly large suv. So obviously if i’m in something of this size, it needs to have proper power/weight ratio correct? If it doesn’t wouldn’t it technically be considered unsafe when added merging onto any major highway along with vehicles with a much higher accel rate?

wow this fucking annoys me…

1. cash rules

2. taxpayers as well, see #1

3. fuck that shit, as long as we have gas, i’m getting a ZR-1 as soon as i get my doctorate