Erie county and it's extortion...

So what is up with the county now?!?

They want towns to pay for Sheriff Patrol and I just heard they want towns to pay for road maintenance! (?)

THIS IS EXTORTION!!!

I love it, Giambra and his goombas are so delusional they think this is their neighborhood and they are the resident thugs.
We have to pay for protection? This sounds way too mob like.

STOP ORGANIZED CRIME IN ERIE COUNTY!!!

End of rant.

Griambrafather

Don Giambra

He’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse.

so how much longer does giambra have in office? Everyone knows he wont be re-elected

Well, as a resident of Amherst, I’m fine with it. Much of my property taxes go toward our police force, so why should my Erie County taxes go to pay for your police force?

There are lots of rural communities that don’t have county police forces because they are not a NYS mandate. Areas not covered by a local police presence are covered by the state police. Buffalo, Amherst, Hamburg, Cheektowaga, Tonawanda… all cities that pay for a local police force. All cities that pay county taxes. Why should they be paying for Erie County Police who they don’t even use?

I hear you but, they already get paid to patrol!!!
If they want to charge towns then they better lower what they take from towns that don’t get the service.
Do you think that will happen? No f’ing way.

Well, they already collect taxes. They then have to take those taxes and provide all the mandated services. What’s left, they can use as they see fit. Unfortunately when the mandated services are paid for, it doesn’t leave much left (thanks Sheldon Silver). So they have to start looking for cuts, and road patrols is one because A, it’s not mandated, and B, several Erie County towns already pay for thier own police forces. So when they need a cut that they hope to get passed this comes up because they know the towns that already pay huge amounts for their own police will support it.

I know, I am just sick of the BS.
Now they have resorted to scare tactics - “you will be unsafe unless you pay more money”
It reeks of protection money aka organized crime.
With all of the BS going on it just rubs me the wrong way.

If I had my way there would be NO Sheriff’s dept at all and the tax payers would pay less to the county.

edit:
I talked to a town of Holland person and they were told the county is broke and can’t fix Vermont Hill road properly!!!

edit II: I live in Aurora where we already have State and Town police, we don’t need a third organization patroling. It is typical county waste.

I was wondering that too, does anyone know?

The “family” is so entrenched it doesn’t matter.
If a new person tries to change anything they will break his thumbs.