Erie County Budget Director Arrested

http://www.wkbw.com/Story.aspx?type=ln&NStoryID=15334

Oct 08, 2006 - Erie County Budget Director Jim Hartman was arrested early Sunday morning on Niagara Street in Buffalo. Hartman was charged with operating a motor vehicle with a breathe test result of .10. The report says it is his second offense. Hartman was also charged with speeding allegedly going 43 miles an hour in a 30 miles per hour zone. The police report says Hartman failed the glazed eye test by moving. It also says he failed the finger to the nose test by touching his upper lip. The report also says he failed the walk and turn by stepping four times in order to catch his balance. In the report Hartman admits to having a few beers. Hartman did release a statement today saying, " I made a mistake. I’m going to court on Friday. No excuses. I’ll take my punishment.".

Hartman became Erie County’s comptroller when Nancy Naples resigned. Later he moved into the Giambra administration to take over implementation of the 4 year plan and was then moved to budget director.

I suppose I’d be drinking pretty hard too if I had a control board bitch slapping me at every turn. :lol:

whoopsie lol.

sucks to be him… it also sucks when you have a job like that and every bad move you make gets publicized.