esford90's 1990 CRX Si Build

lookin good bud

looking good ry ry

Funny thing is that we never ran each other last yr as I’m sure we would of been neck to neck. Now for 2010, were both going two totally diffrent directions. Update on the paint man. Let me know how turns out. I need somone to do mine

you need to do some research.

fixed

i had an hour to work on the car today, i pretty much just got my good tires off the ground so that i dont get flat spots and put steelies on that i got from andy at swerve, thanks man!

i also got the interior stripped down to where i want it for this winter, im backing the holes that you will see from the engine bay with sheets of carbon fiber just to clean things up a bit and so i dont have holes

i still need to pul the harness through from the engine bay and tuck the headlight harness through behind where the fenders are before paint

some pics

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr161/breetimejay/3fe74fbc.jpg?t=1264042173

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr161/breetimejay/06f33911.jpg?t=1264042162

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr161/breetimejay/c72a0f77.jpg?t=1264042247

Got some time last night and inbetween classes today, did a little bit of sanding and marked what I am grinding down/off in purple.

I got all of the wiring loom off and cut the harness where need be to get it through into the fenders for the tuck.

The engine bay should be ready for paint by the end of next week and it should be painted by the end of the following week.

Im guessing puch is painting it then lol?

yup

yeah, my dad got me some shrink wrap from where he works so im going to work more on the headlight/directional/horn wiring friday morning

plans to upgrade from a stock replacement shock ?

Blues = no better than stock = crap.

wire tucks are fun.

So whats the goal with this project, basically a show car?

innovative mounts with hydro tranny ordered, thank you swerve

well sorta showy

everything is not going to be half assed (all wires are going to be shrink wrapped and not just wrapped with shitty electrical tape), im doing it once and i dont want to do it again if something dosent come out right, so im taking my time. its not going to be thrown together just for race or going to be all perfect for show…i want to autocross it in a year or two

im going to put more attention to detail where i want, i just like the look of no wires and stuff

wires tucks are fun! haha

yeah im planning on going with PIC performance coilovers after the swap and exhaust

yesterday i recieved my kevlar sheet i ordered to back the holes of the firewall with and today i worked on the driver side headlight/ horn wiring through the fender

the kevlar isnt 100% perfect but it will look good i hope

im not going to solder the wires coming out from the inside to the harness i made until after i get the engine bay painted

i will problably work on the passenger side harness tomorrow a little bit after work

see if your friend want to spray my car? and where did you get the cf plate?

i dont think he really wants to spray whole cars at this point in time, hes just doing the bay for me

i got the kevlar plate off of ebay, the guy makes it in whatever size you want and whatever thickness you want, he makes it thick by backing it with fiberglass…the piece i bought off of him is 12" x 6" and is 4mm thick. if i had the choice to order it again i would of went with like a 2mm thick one

he also sells it in carbon fiber if you didnt want kevlar

the seller is: carbon_fiber_superstore

just a thought since your trying to do everything right the first time. why don’t you put a grommet or something where the wires are coming through? since you have everything so apart it would be easy to avoid shorting and grounding out wires later. just my .02