Ever Die in a Dream?

Everyone says if you die in a dream, you die in real life. How the hell do they know that though if they are still alive?
This topic came up today and I was just wondering if anyone actually found themselves dead in a dream.
I thought it would be kinda cool but then I figured how could I if I never experienced death before?
Then even if I did die like for example while Im fighting in one of my many battles against great samurai warriors and I get my head decapitated what the hell does that mean? Like when do ya ever lose in a dream?
It would be sweet to wake up after being dead in dream and so releived you’re still alive would probably be a life changing experience.
Also, is it just me or when you punch someone in a dream its always like in slow-motion or your punching thru water and not affecting the person? ah man that pisses me off so much.

[quote=“Superium”"]

Also, is it just me or when you punch someone in a dream its always like in slow-motion or your punching thru water and not affecting the person? ah man that pisses me off so much.

[/quote]

thats because you’re prolly punching your wife while sleeping.

True story, I had a dream a while back when i was living with my ex that I was playing paintball and these CIA agents came in the mix rocking 9mm’s and I had to fight them hand to hand combat, I woke up and elbowed my g/f at the time in the face and went back to sleep. Now that I think about it, she deserved it.

On topic, I’ve died in several dreams only to remember the dream later that day. I also have that same problem when punching someone or fighting someone in a dream its all slow motion

I’ve been the victim of people punching me in the head in their sleep. COUGH Minglor COUGH He also stole my pillow :frowning:

I always wake up before I die :shrug:

yeah the punching in slow motion thing is odd isn’t it?

[quote=“RobHimself,post:5,topic:31480"”]

[/quote]

lol. I hate when that happens

[quote=“RobHimself,post:5,topic:31480"”]

[/quote]

Running slow and punching slow is caused by appendages being caught up in your sheets. You are actually moving them while you sleep.

Ahhh makes sense. Also explains all those supermodels in my dreams aren’t getting a good robhimself style pounding.

Dude where do you get your drugs.

I’ve never had a dream I remember…

It’s truly sad.

Yes, I have died in a dream, once. Actually was fairly frightening, I was calm as it happened, and then FREAKED OUT and continued freaking out after I was awake for 2 or so hours. I prefer waking up before I die in said dream. lol.

[quote=“boxxa,post:9,topic:31480"”]

Dude where do you get your drugs.

[/quote]

you never bang super hot chicks in your dreams? Dude i must be weird cause i hope for those all the time.

[quote=“RobHimself,post:12,topic:31480"”]

you never bang super hot chicks in your dreams? Dude i must be weird cause i hope for those all the time.

[/quote]

Yea but I am not talking about dreams in general. Im talking about the original question about dying and if you lose and would it be like a mind changing experience question that was asked originally.

I fucked Roseanne in a dream once…

[quote=“itsJim,post:14,topic:31480"”]

I fucked Roseanne in a dream once…

[/quote]

oh…wow jim…i think that should have stayed hidden bro :stuck_out_tongue:

I think that’s called a Nightmare not a dream.

everyone says if u die in a dream, u die in real life?? WTF?? who is this “everyone”?

is it everyone from the nightmare on elm street movies?? because that’s the only place i’ve ever heard of this.

I have. I choked on peas. In a hospital. While the nurse and her baby’s daddy fought.

I’ve died numerous times in dreams. I have some of the most fucked up dreams, and then when I tell someone about them they look at me like I’m weird and they don’t dream anymore. :shrug:

I always thought that too, but its not true. Just proly and old tale to try to keep kids happy and not depressed… worked real well with todays kids (emo blah).

Yeah, it was like throwing a hot dog down a hallway. Plus I had to move all these layers of fat to get there. I definitely woke up in a cold sweat after that one…