Ever wanted to tell your boss how you really feel?

Wow thats great. I’m sure this person is simply going to laugh for him taking the time out of his day to put a stupid letter together to send to her and she’s going to throw it away and not say “Gee, I shouldn’t have fired this individual, look at what a great entreprenuer he turned out to be.”

I’m with Shady on this for the most part.
It’s good you feel good, and it’s part of the process of becoming sucessful after being put down.

I am sure a psychologist would have a field day with you however.

Some may feel it could be creepy.

Couldn’t agree more. That is some thing I would expect from a kid in middle school. Glad to see you are mature

:rofl:rofl

Yea I totally took the time out of my day to write that whole letter to her, just because i’m in love with myself.

Maybe it’s more like, after years of everyone telling me im doing it wrong and people putting me down, I finally have proven myself to them and me. The reasons for her firing me were entirely political and boosted her career.

And for everyone who keeps saying what I did was immature, this is how I look at it.
She is one of many, but the most significant person who has ever put me down. Obviously you would hold negative feelings towards that person when her reasons were as weak as they were for the outcome that was provided. I acted on those feelings by letting her know how I felt.

Some of you may consider that immature. But I would consider anyone who didn’t speak up for themselves a coward and weak. So excuse me for having the balls to tell one of the people who had the most significant negative imapct on my life how I feel.

No matter how you look at it and think you stood up for yourself because someone over 2 years ago let you go from a job; sending something like that makes you look foolish. You can go along thinking you have “balls” but at the end of the day if she even took the time out of her day to read the whole letter, I’m sure like the most of us after reading it, she got a good laugh out of it.

It’s obvious you harbored bitter feelings and wanted to make yourself feel better by sending the letter.

So, after this happened, you let the entire thing get to you (very understandable), sat on it for a couple of years, and then took some time to write the letter. It can be argued that this letter is of no consequence other than that it makes you feel better. In sending it, you are admitting that you have felt “bad” over the past couple of years because of what your ex-boss did.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad that you have overcome and are now able to experience some measure of success. But since you needed to get back at this person after waiting all this time, it shows that they have exerted influence over you that whole time. So you allowed the balance of power to shift to your ex-boss.

Sending the letter reinforces the fact that you could not get over this initial setback (at the time), and now you have given your ex-boss another reason to remember her “victory” over you. Sure, what she did was screwed up and wrong, but morals often have little to do with power.

One last thing- you have burned a bridge with that letter. You’re probably asking “what the #$@ would I ever need her help for in the future” but to gain power, you have to know how to use your enemies. Make them work for you- don’t empower them by showing weakness and reminding them of previous victories over you.

Thank you. Your reply made more sense to me than any of the other replies thus far. And I agree with you. Writing the letter was def. a bitter/sweet action on my part.

JRubino, your entitled to your opinion so I can’t debate this with you. We obv. have different views on the subject.

x2

and don’t come on here and tell us how badass you are because you wrote a sissy letter 2 YEARS after you got fired. if you wanted to prove you had balls and be a badass you’d have burnt your bridge in a much more ballsy way immediately after being fired.

i think it was a good idea to write the letter thus getting the feelings off your chest, but i never would’ve sent it.

Number one, I never said I was a badass for writing the letter but I did say I wasn’t a coward for not writing it. And number two it’s about timing. Me telling her off now that I have succeeded is a much better feeling than had I done it during the firing process when I had nothing to back myself up.

d00d i’m just saying, in no way did that letter “tell her off” and i agree with you for writing it. i just never would’ve let it see the inside of an envelope. Like everyone else said you are just reminding her she beat you. i’m sure she doesn’t give a shit how you are doing now.

It was actually an email. People still send real letters? :o)

Ever hear the saying “It’s a small world”? Like previously stated by someone else before, you burned a bridge by doing that and maybe right at the moment you don’t think this person will have any sort of impact on you or could help you bring business. Your new to the business world and you being a now business owner you may find yourself networking with various business groups. This person just may happen to know people in these groups and it could certainly frown upon you in a big way. It’s something to think about for future reference.

I’ll tell you right now you wont get far as an entrepreneur going out of your way to burn bridges and tell people off. I still wouldnt hire you.

has anybody even thought about the chance that this bitch might just fail herself, then she starts looking for secretary position, and low and behold applies at your company. tell me you wouldn’t rather be the one doing the interview than writing an email.

You are right. But I have much deeper connections with State Farm in the event that I did need them, than where she stands on the corporate ladder.

Your right to an extent. But I know what i’m doing.

And FYI, no bridge was burnt other than the possibility of getting in her pants. She is tiny as far as power in that company goes. And I am very close with people who are much higher up than she.

Obviously not too close if you got fired.

having this mentality is incredibly stupid, especially being a small business owner. Who is to say that she doesn’t leave the company and then become more successful than you or maybe even a client of yours? … well I guess you say that, ha! Never burn bridges no matter how insignificant they are at the moment, you never know how important it will be in the future.

It’s difficult to assume the actual power structure in a company just on title / hierarchy. Measuring power based on who can do what for you may be something to consider.

Not trying to overly bust your a$$ here but if you really had pull with people above your ex-boss…

Why were you let go in the first place with no other recourse?