ex smokers come in

I was on Chantix through the starter box, and that got me over the hill. Be prepared for some interesting dreams if you go this route.

My worst enemy.

OMG just hearing your stories is motivating me. As far as dreams from chantix, I went to bed with a patch on and had a dream about being rounded up in a boxcar like the nazis used to do and my father got everyone in the train including himself to kill me for food.

Very vivid and sureal.

All in all the patch didn’t work cause when I ran out I’d light up again. Also my work will pay for chantix or patches. I will choose chantix this time.

I smoked for about 6-7 years, usually a pack every 2 days, but went through some rough shit in 2007 and I was up to 2 packs a day. One day in late January of 08 I smoked my last cigarette.Just ran out of them ,and out of no where I said fuck it im done with it for no reason.I didn’t use patches, pills, gum or anything. Cold turkey is honestly the best and only truly effective way to do it. It was shitty for the first 2 weeks but then after that i just started chewing gum or eating mints when ever id usually smoke and it did the job.Im not going to lie the true cravings and desire to smoke doesn’t leave for you for at least 2-3 months, while drinking especially. But then after that the smell and thought of smoking makes you sick

I was prescribed that chantix pill from my doctor but never took it because it causes severe suicidal thoughts and depression.V theres one linkV

http://money.cnn.com/2007/11/20/magazines/fortune/simons_smoke.fortune/index.htm

Cold turkey… and a Bitchy Girlfriend worked for me… All I heard is… when are you gonna quit smoking every time I lit up…

<- chantix.
stopped smoking on the 5th day on the pill. had no real side effects (except minor indigestion/stomach pain) from the pill until about 5 days after i actually stopped smoking…
this is how it went after that 5th day:
day 1 = pretty intense and vivid dream
day 2 = super intense mortifying nightmares, waking up in cold sweats. this went on once per hour for 8 hours.
day 3 = see above, +1. then had a nervous breakdown on my way to work, didn’t want to live any more. Never ever felt so sure that i just wanted it all to end.
…so i stopped taking the pill. within 24 hours i was happy again as if nothing had happened.
so i quit both the pill and smoking. i would never, ever, ever go on that pill again.
it scared the shit out of me. I wish i were just being overly dramatic.

do some serious research on that pill. the doctors are way too quick to prescribe it. for some people, it works great with no side effects. It definitely helped me get past the first few days of nicotine withdrawl, but there are many, many horror stories. take it with extreme caution.

edit: i smoked a little over a pack a day, for about a total of 7-8 years…somewhere in that range

I’m just worried about harming other people lol. During the most depressing part of my life I felt I could kill someone without pity. Seriously. Maybe I should reconsider chantix.

Cold turkey…

Actually the smell is horrid. Nothing is worse than a family that would come into work, and they all smell like holocaust.

Hence the mask in avatar?

Jesus christ dude.

i quit cold turkey myself after smoking 2 packs a day. i agree i can’t stand the smell of cigarette smoke anymore but i still do enjoy a fine cigar now and then.

is it only 1 pill a day? similar issues happen when you sleep with the patch on. We found that out the hard way. My father also used to smoke atleast a pack a day if not more, he had a stroke last summer. The first few days after were very taxing on everyone. My dad is a natural bear to deal with but also was going through withdrawl and being scared. we got the doctor to give him a nicatine patch which helped immensly but after the first 2 days he started having crazy nightmares everytime he tried to fall asleep. We originally thought this was an after effect of the stroke but come to find out by one of the nurses that your not supposed to sleep with it on as that’s one of it’s side effects.

x2

Every time i quit for a few months i had some pretty fuckin wild dreams

I’ve been told that it’s easier to quit a bad habit if you’re doing it for someone else(children, pets, girlfriend, etc.) I’ve been trying to quit drinking but the longest I’ve made it is 2 weeks.

f that noise. you need to quit for yourself, you need to want it. otherwise, you will just go back.

cold turkey, started on a friday and just got super hammered so I didnt even realize I wanted a cig. I came from 2 packs a day too

Start chewing.

This isn’t W.Virginny.

Toothless bastards.

QFT, do it for yourself, not for someone/thing else. If you do it for someone else, its only short term.

You could always try the way I quit. I had a kid and couldn’t afford it anymore. Its a great way to succeed in a lot of things like quiting smoking, no longer being cool, abandoning that pointless ls1 swap…yadda yadda yadda quit because you want to or you have to. those are really the only ways to quit successfully, at least cold turkey.