Exhaust Question: GReddy EVO2 vs SP2

Please move this if it is not in the correct forum.

I am looking to put a new exhaust on my '06 Scion tC. I am looking at the GReddy exhausts and besides noise level, and appearance I have not been able to find a definite difference that justifies the $80+ price difference between the EVO2 and SP2.

Does anyone know if the EVO2 has any actual benefits over the SP2? Flow rate, weight, material, etc?

If not, I am going to pick up the SP2 this week.

Thanks,
Brandon

What done to the car?

If you don’t have at least cams or some kind of FI, or nitrous, then don’t even bother with an exhaust.

If you are dead set, then have a local fab shop make you one that is guaranteed to fit and will most likely end up being 1-200 + dollars cheaper

I currently only have a K&N Typhoon CAI.

see post #2

Thank you for the advice, I will look into a local shop this week.

However, I would still like an answer to my original post if it can be provided.

no one is going to have that kind of technical information for a bolt-on exhaust kit unless you call up the manufacturers themselves.

[quote=“Toda Party,post:6,topic:33914"”]

no one is going to have that kind of technical information for a bolt-on exhaust kit unless you call up the manufacturers themselves.

[/quote]

:bloated:

i’m sure hybrid could look up the specs for him and while he is there he could get a quote on a custom piece as well…

[quote=“zwarbyt,post:7,topic:33914"”]

:bloated:

i’m sure hybrid could look up the specs for him and while he is there he could get a quote on a custom piece as well…

[/quote]

?

bloat yourself.

You’re telling me Greddy provides material composition, weight, and FLOWRATE with their bolt on exhausts to overseas buyers (shops)? gtfoh lol. Even if they did, it’d be in japanese anyway.

and if you read what I wrote, i already told him to go to a local fab shop if he was really bent on getting an exhaust.

so :2fingers::2fingers:

Greddy Street Performance - SP2 Cat back exhaust system - Scion tC

It wasn’t easy to improve on the popular GReddy SP system. But through customer feedback from over 10 years of use and testing, GReddy redesigned the SP as a Full stainless steel cat-back exhaust system that is similarly priced to the original SP system. The new SP2 for tC features a 304 stainless steel muffler canister with extra strong 430 SS end caps that feature a deep, high polish. Large, high volume mufflers provide maximum flow with a deep, pleasing tone and are especially effective when used on vehicles with aftermarket turbocharger systems. The unique outer curled oval tip (115 x 110mm diameter) is embossed with the famous GReddy logo. Employing state-of-the-art robotic seam welding, the single wall canisters feature increased rigidity for maximum durability and life. With over 35 types of internal perforated tubes, each SP2 application is specifically tuned for the best combination of sound and performance. The new SP2 for tC also features thick-walled (1.5mm), polished 304 stainless steel mandrel-bent piping for better resonance and vibration control and enhanced corrosion resistance and durability. New lightweight, flared, and stamped stainless steel flanges are also used to provide improved sealing characteristics. The GReddy SP2 exhaust system will initially be available for over 50 popular Japanese vehicles with more to come as they are developed.

• GReddy for Scion tC features:
  • Full stainless steel
  • Straight-through design
  • Emissions complaint
  • Sound tested
  • Bolt-on system
  • mandrel-bent piping
  • Complete cat-back system
  • High polished muffler and tip
  • Oval muffler
  • Three-year warranty

ok full stainless (i would hope so)
weight = ???
flowrate = ?? (and im sure greddy is also saying ?? about that, lol)
and a bunch of subjective marketing bullshit

[quote=“Toda Party,post:6,topic:33914"”]

[/quote]

Agreed, Greddy wouldn’t even have that (although you could calculate the maximum flow potential). Greddy is the worst company I have by far ever had the dishonor to do business with. They have the worst customer service if you can call it that. They do not know anything half the time about the products that they sell and make false claims as to the merit of the products.
:crap:

That is what I think of greddy.

lol “the dishonor of”

where’s the bloat face now zwarbyt??

[quote=“Toda Party,post:11,topic:33914"”]

lol “the dishonor of”

[/quote]

:sword:

I went ahead and ordered the SP2 today… Going to give it a try. The dynos on ScionLife only indicate a <1hp gain between the SP2 and the EVO2, and the last thing I want on my car is a huge fart can.

If I am not happy with it, I’ll ditch it and look towards the custom fab route. I plan on adding a Turbonetics turbo system sometime after this winter.

:picard:

NO!

Check out www.dezod.com for some GOOD turbo setups with local support. I am going with them, with a couple minor tweaks to their Stage 1 kit… BB turbo and AEM Management. Talk to Paul, he is on here and Scionlife.

[quote=“NotSoTragicHero,post:13,topic:33914"”]

I went ahead and ordered the SP2 today… Going to give it a try. The dynos on ScionLife only indicate a <1hp gain between the SP2 and the EVO2, and the last thing I want on my car is a huge fart can.

If I am not happy with it, I’ll ditch it and look towards the custom fab route. I plan on adding a Turbonetics turbo system sometime after this winter.

[/quote]

[/quote]

gotta love when people ask questions, then do the opposite of what they were told.

What’d u pay for that ? Including shipping and all that.

[/quote]

gotta love when people ask questions, then do the opposite of what they were told.

If you’re planning to go turbo, you def. shoudda just waited, so then you could’ve had the downpipe & all that crap made at the same time.

Ah well, you shall see…

:picard:

…soo you really didn’t want advice

[quote=“Toda Party,post:16,topic:33914"”]

What’d u pay for that ? Including shipping and all that.

[/quote]

Nothing like wasting your time explaining something eh? :slight_smile:

very informative post there buddy