Exhaust Question

I was looking for an exhaust that isn’t “free flow” so that cops can’t stick a tape measure through it (the extra scientific manor they judge legal exhausts in Quebec). Iwas debating between the BRM, ExMag and Circuit Sports or going custom.

Does anyone know if the 3 exhaust I mentioned would let the tape measure through the muffler?

If I decide to go custom, any suggestions?

Thanks for any help!

If you are worried about exhausts but you still want to retain the performance, Vibrant make a stealth series of mufflers that are 3-inch, black with a small tip that should give you exactly what you are looking for.

^^^ my buddy had one and still got a ticket!!!

It doesn’t matter how stealth it is because they check all cars, they’ve given tickets to stock MazdaSpeed3s and stock SRT-4s!!

It 100% has to pass the tape measure test or else I’ll just keep my Dart Izumi. lol

tape measure test?? how does that work exactly

They stick a tape measure in the end of your muffler and they see how far it goes. If it goes more then they think it should, they give you a ticket. It’s the worst system ever, but they have no idea how else to do it because cops who give these tickets don’t know 2 shits about exhaust systems or cars in general. I hate Quebec.

put a mesh in it, lol

or if it’s ignorantly loud you get a ticket without them even sticking a tape measure in there.

if is that big a deal out there, just order an apexi exhaust control valve and weld it on right before ur muffler. when u see the cheries light up from the cops, pull the switch and if he sticks a tape measure in it will stop very abruptly when it hits the ecv.

in the end i think ill just roll with my catless Dart and pay the tickets lol

Whats the cost of the fine usually?

Stupid question but, the fine doesnt effect anything like demerit points or insurance, does it?

^^^i dont think mod tickets tickets will affect ur insurance unless ur using them for speed

154$ I believe. No points.

But in Quebec, if your tires are bald (even a 1 tire a little bald) or if your car is to low, no rubbing required, just the cop thinks it’s to low, they tow the fucking car away. And there isn’t a damn thing you can say about it.

If you want to eliminate the problem with the cops sticking a tape measure or their baton into the exhaust then simply get a muffler that will fit either after the cat or mid way just before the Subframe etc etc… and then just have a piece of tail pipe.

This way… they can stick in whatever they want and it will never ever reach the muffler in order for them to claim it has no baffles.

Tis what I plan on doing in a month or so but then again, I make my own. If you were in ontario or local to kitchener then I’d help you out.

it’s a $110 “improper muffler” ticket. been there, done that.

for my next exhaust i’ll make one similar to what Jeff (post above mine) said.