exhaust ticket

so tonight i was driving my car. “nicely” and i get pulled over,

long story short he gives me an improper noise ticket

but for my vehicle he wrote it was a HONDA. i was like WTF???

so any ways. because the officer wrote the ticket wrong does this mean the ticket is wrong and therefore droped ?

i dont think it is effective.
my buddy has a really retardedly spelt last name, cop spealt it wrong, and he told me the case was dropped and he received no penalty.

what car were you driving? if it was a nissan its sad that people mix em up :frowning:

does that mean that i’m ok with a completely debagged car? or does the car HAVE to provide identification as to what brand it is?

ya cuz he would have had your insurance slip and and ownership which would have had all the info he needed and besides that is a bogus fine i know people that have gone to mto and had there cars metered for how much noise the exhaust is and short of running nothing from the cat back its pretty hard to fail the test and these are guys with 5.0 stanges too, question though if you were to have your muffler in your hand would you be able to look through the tail pipe and see out the other side pervidding the was no bends in the bit of pipping on the other side?

Peter, i think he thinks its an integra, but at the same time still mixed up honda and acura…so in essence, HOPEFULLY the ticket is now void.

it mite not be void because the violation is still present and according to the law u r still driving around with an improper exhaust. A name or incorrect plate number is more vital then the officer writing down the make wrong. If your taking it to court i would not use that as ur only defense.
I think there is a few sites online that u may be able to find that get into details specifically about what can cause a void ticket. I’ve seen them before
A member in my family had a speeding ticket that had the wrong vehicle year and it still remained valid.

try fighting it by saying that you don’t own a honda and you never drove a honda at the time the ticket was issued.

Yup, that’s probably your best bet…quite likely to be dropped.

Bring any evidence you can, photos of plates/exhaust/car and/or some form of proof of your exhaust volume being legal etc as backup and you should be more than okay.

Best of luck.

they can amend it at the trial i believe.

i acc ually went up to a cop and asked him what the law was reguarding this and the cop said its up to him if he cant hear his radio then he can give u a ticket is there even a law that states it cant be louder then …or it has to be in the limits of…???i really dont think so

its up to the officers discretion. Theres no legislation regarding the maximum db’s your exhaust can be

ya i hear it is the same with window tint thats kinda fucked. so that being said if u fight it how could u loose anyone done this how much is a exhaust ticket anyways

oh i thought it was somewwer in low 50’s

we all know HONDA’s are loud LOL
Just take it to court.
Tell the judge that the noise the office heard is unusual for a HONDA but not for your car because you have a larger motor.
tell him that you drive a NISSAN 240sx and they are louder by nature just like a CAMERO/MUSTANG.
Try that,

I think that the judge would laugh out loud in his face and fine him even more.

Only evidence I’d bring is my ownership and plates etc proving that I own a Nissan and not an Honda and then question the officers ability to do his job since he had all of proper information yet was able to make that mistake. Perhaps he made a mistake and heard a different loud vehicle but nailed the wrong person.

as long as your name is in his report and on the ticket, if you go to trial they’ll amend it on the spot. Its becoming increasingly harder to get off tickets.

what I said earlier was a joke man. don’t try it