Expired inspection tickets?

Is it true that its a $50 fine for each month the inspection ticket is overdue? Someone told me that and I just found that funny because the car I just bought has a 2004 inspection sticker…Thats an $1800 fine…Its red tho.

no thats bs. when i got them downtown it’s 35 bucks and cannot become more than 85 dollars.

It’s a one time fee and its like 90 bucks

[quote=“Superium”"]

Is it true that its a $50 fine for each month the inspection ticket is overdue? Someone told me that and I just found that funny because the car I just bought has a 2004 inspection sticker…Thats an $1800 fine…Its red tho.

[/quote]

this is only if the cop put on the ticket when you inspection was due and yes its true … they will fine you each month dont think its 50… if your ticket just says exp inspection its a ticket anywhere from 0-- like 50ish i have had a bunch of these tickest and once the cop wrote when my insoection was due witch at the time was 15 months and it was a 500 fine with 75 in fees…and then a week later still did not have the car inspected and my wife got pulled over and the cop did not put the date on the ticket we were in and out for 15 bucks… this was all in west seneca

i could be wrong but it did happen to me

^Wow I guess I might just be better off ripping off the inspection ticket.

[quote=“Superium,post:5,topic:35290"”]

^Wow I guess I might just be better off ripping off the inspection ticket.

[/quote]

They can just look up the inspection date in the computer…so thats no help.

Just so you guys know, the words “ticket” and “sticker” are not interchangeable.

So what is this thread about? I would think that a ticket would be like any other ticket, if left long enough a warrant is issued.

Although I think this thread is about someone confusing “inspection” and “registration.” There can be a fine for letting your registration lapse without turning in your plates.

^ The actual LAW, not just what some kid on a car forum is telling you.

[quote=“01AudiS4,post:8,topic:35290"”]

^ The actual LAW, not just what some kid on a car forum is telling you.

[/quote]

Bingo. With all non moving violation tickets, the longer you wait to pay or correct the problem, the more expensive they become. Plain and simple.

i got pulled over with my firebird a couple weeks ago with my 2004 sticker and it was 50 dollar ticket

I just got an expired inspection ticket from the city of Buffalo last week.

From the back of my ticket & what I paid:

$25 fine + $50 fee for under 60 days.
(I don’t have the ticket with me right now, so I don’t know what 60+ was)

Undisputable for the city of Buffalo also.

[quote=“BikerFry,post:7,topic:35290"”]

Just so you guys know, the words “ticket” and “sticker” are not interchangeable.

So what is this thread about? I would think that a ticket would be like any other ticket, if left long enough a warrant is issued.

Although I think this thread is about someone confusing “inspection” and “registration.” There can be a fine for letting your registration lapse without turning in your plates.

[/quote]

:biglaugh:
I was thinking the same thing - Inspection tickets don’t expire otherwise no one would pay them.:wink:

[quote=“Superium”"]

[/quote]

its a flat fee. But get it inspected before u have court and it will be dropped

[quote=“RyanALLDAY,post:13,topic:35290"”]

[/quote]

If it is issued by the city that is incorrect there is no dropping of it.

Could be different for the different surrounding cities, but I know for fact for city it is not a fix it or reduction ticket.

[quote=“ryanmcell,post:14,topic:35290"”]

If it is issued by the city that is incorrect there is no dropping of it.

Could be different for the different surrounding cities, but I know for fact for city it is not a fix it or reduction ticket.

[/quote]

The ticket is the same no matter what city/town issues the ticket. It is a violation of NYS law so NYS law supersedes local law. The result is the same no matter where you are in NYS.

[quote=“RyanALLDAY,post:13,topic:35290"”]

[/quote]

I never got a ticket. 3 different people told me about this in the last 2 days when they noticed the 04 inspection sticker on the car.

No fine. Just get it inspected before you get caught.