Extended Warranty question

My mother has a car that has been serviced 3 times now for an overheating issue.

The first time it was serviced, they replaced the water pump

The second time it was serviced, they replaced a hose and clamp

and this is now the third time that the car has to be brought in and they are claiming that there is a hole in the reservoir or something like that ( i don’t have all the details on the last note)

main thing is, this is the third time that the car has been brought in for the same problem of overheating. My mother has to pay a deductible for the parts that need replacing of $100. She has already paid that deductible twice because they were different components, but leading to the same issue. They are now asking her for another $100 to pay the deductible to fix the part that is defective…again be the car is overheating and loosing coolant. At this point, shouldn’t the dealer pay to have this part replaced including the deductible? We’re talking about a 6 month time frame…

Ethically yes, legally probably not.

Lemon law? It got Jim White’s to act right on my friend’s car.

If I were her I’d call the Service Manager or General Manager of the dealer and tell them what’s going on. A good Service Manager would take care of it properly.

think it is out of the scope of lemon law by now if it is on its extended warranty.

yes, and depending on the warranty company they may even take care of it. btw, screaming and yelling will just get you thrown out so just be calm and explain what is happening, that your not happy and would like them to help you out. I’m sure they will

more than likely…

find a new dealer that fixes the problem, not what they can fix quickly.

typically, coolant bottle, clamps and hoses are NEVER covered by and ext warranty. btw when a system has a coolant leak…it leaks from the weakest point, once you get full pressure back into the system it is not unusual to have another weak point in the system…same goes for a/c systems. dealership DOES NOT sound like they are in the wrong.

where did she take it to get serviced?

Yea I figured, just sorta threw that out there lol

Sounds like a non-quality reapair complaint against the repair shop license. call DMV and file a complaint (518) 474-8943.
things go wrong in the auto repair business, but it shouldnt take 3 trys to fix a coolant leak.

IT’S OVER A 6 MONTH PERIOD…it all depends on year and mileage of vehicle…with was not states.

-karma for stirring an unness pot