ez pass questions

I ordered one ezpass one with a commuter plan (1st 30 miles) of trip is included in flat $80 per year fee. It came with 4 different tags but I can only use the one tag in one of the 4 cars i have, the one which it was registered for.

If I was to put the specific commuter tag in a different one of my vehicles would they know that I changed vehicles? I know it is video recorded. Is it only recorded from the front of the car? Could I take off the front plates on all my cars and transfer the specific tag to whatever car I decided to drive that day?

Has anyone been fined for having a tag in the “wrong” car.

i never told ezpass i drive a civic now, it’s still registerred to a 92 olds cutlass, with different plates. i’ve been driving like that for over 2 years. we also take it in the g/fs alero on occasions. you’ll be fine. just don’t speed thru the tolls.

I don’t know about the commuter tag thing but I’m pretty sure all four of our passes were registered to a certain car but they tell you that they don’t have to match with the cars. We’ve also gotten new cars without changing anything. You shouldn’t have a problem.

i have received a ticket for going through an ezpass where the transponder was not registered for that car

Yay, for people to give misleading information.

I work at the tolls. Trust me.

EZPass’s are not vehicle specific…but class specific.

So if you have a 2L (2 = 2 Axles, L = lower than 7’6") EZPass, and you put it on a different classed vehicle…you will be fined. So don’t use your ezpass, with UHAUL trucks, or when towing a vehicle. If you do, go through a “manned” lane, and not an “EZPass Only” lane.

The EZPass only lanes are video enforced, but from behind. So unless you are going to remove your rear lisence plate…don’t worry about it.

66impalass’ - you must have been towing something, or used your car’s EZPass, in a differently classed vehicle.

no it was a ticket from PA, it basically showed me a pic of my liscense plate and said I went through it, i had to show them the record from my room mates statement showing that it was paid, adn that it was ok for that transponder to be in that vehicle

So would this be correct:

I have the EZpass commuter tag registered in my DSM.
I put the EZpass comutter tag in my Accord.
I drive through a manned lane in the Accord.
NYS will not know I have the EZpass in a different vehicle since there is no video enforcement in the manned lane?

But if I have the EZpass commuter tag in my Accord which is registered for my DSM, and I go through an EZpass only lane I will get caught and ticketed?

I am just not sure what is accurate. I want to be able to use my commuter tag in any of my cars, hence the reason I got it.

So if I did the above would it work? Thanks

Tony

so i guess i’m not allowed to take my ezpass and throw it in my backpack when i’m ridin my bike?

cuz it wasn’t working this weekend…

i got a 75 dollar fine for going threw an ezpass on a motorcycle. those cameras they use are top notch :frowning:

i once used my GF’s moms easy pass on my 03 civic. she has a 04 accord and EZpass put a $25 charge on her account bc the plates didnt match up

there are no cameras. in the manned lanes. correct.

i will talk to my bosses, and see what they have to say, about this.

The EZPass offices consist of 1000 monkeys on 1000 typewriters, soo… dont ever try calling for instructions.

haha, i love their customer service :slight_smile: