EZ Pass Mounting v.ZX6r

Where do you guys mount your EZPass/Smart Tag’s?

Maybe you guys don’t hit up the tolls up there like I do down here, but I went to mount it to my Puig yesterday and I can’t find a good mounting point.

Any ideas?

i have an r1 and i took the windscreen off zip tied to a cross brace and works like a charm… no one can steal it and its not in my way or noticeable… good luck

Try putting it in the rear seat compartment. I’ve always thought that would work just fine.

jacket pocket works too. lol.

I’ve got mine under my passenger seat. For whatever reason it only works if it’s on the left side of the storage area, didn’t work a couple time when I moved it to the other side

That’s how I currently have been doing it, however the tolls down here some are 65+ meaning your going 75-80 through it, and tight pocket & EZ Pass don’t work so well. Then also some of them have the toll bar that goes up, and half the time it doesn’t read even from my hand. Rar.

Doubt it will read, as it doesn’t read from my jacket pocket 99% of the time.

I’m not worried about stealing it, as I’ll just pop it off when I go anywhere rather than just getting it locked into a position.

do you have a motorcycle specific tag? mine is suppose to be for motorcycles, might get picked up easier than the car tag

it’s the same tag with a big M on it… no different in design.

Negative, mines a company tag but as far as I was told at the EZPass store here there is no other tag.

maybe behind your cowl/headlight?

I always kept mine in the inside pocket of my jacket. if it doesnt read they get a picture and as long as your plate is visible they will debit your account.

maybe behind your cowl/headlight?

I always kept mine in the inside pocket of my jacket. if it doesnt read they get a picture and as long as your plate is visible they will debit your account.

I had a feeling this was going to be a double post…

i keep mine in my jacket and it sucks holding it up as i coast thru…but…there really isnt anywhere i can mount it on my bike so ill just deal with it.

Problem down here is you can’t just ride through, theres a bar down on the main one I go through everyday and it’s a PITA to sit down pay the $8 round trip and then expense it back to work.

Yeah, I think that’s what I am going to have to keep doing however it still has a hard time reading it because the thing that reads the EZPass is about 25 feet in the air.

I threw mine behind my gauges in that opening. It bounces around but can’t fall because of the wire harness. It wouldn’t read if I kept it in my trunk or jacket pocket.

One option I have is to register my plate with it, and then just piggyback behind someone when the bar is up… lol

I dont see the problem here, it can read through 1/4" glass on a car but not through a plastic wind screen or a jacket?

maybe yours needs a battery upgrade to send a stronger signal…

I bought my puig double bubble from russo on sportriders. It was already equipped with velcro for an EZpass right above the gauge where the bubble on the visor begins.

It works perfectly.

It works fine in the car, yet for some damn reason when I hold it in my hand it doesn’t… :shrug:

Can you take a pic for me? Is yours an 05-06 model? Thanks man.

Yes it is, and I will tomorrow.