F150>Cobra R>Z06

Ok? the AWD helps the Evo’s stop huh?

Well, because apparently the special production models are needed to even make an arguement worthy, otherwise it’d be hands down to one side. :lol

and it still can barley compete with a vette!

spend the extra $9k on turbo kit, tuning and suspension mods to level it out and see who’s ahead then :wink:

The Cobra R has a HELL of a motor, some of the best parts to come out of Ford in recent history, w/o a doubt. Should of been mass produced at that time, for sure.

motor trend did a test way back in the day

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/112_0008_2000_viper_cobra_r_and_corvette/index.html

I like my car. It’s fast.

I rarely drive it though.

its ridiculous man. it really is. the Cobra R never did much. and obviously wasnt a worthwhile venture for ford as it didnt last very long.

this is what i was trying to say to drew. this is what started teh whole thing, i was comparing MOTOR TO MOTOR not car to car.

$46K is BASE price. And look at what they are going for now compared to what the R’s are. R’s held their value and still go for $40K+ while the Z’s are low 20s high teens.

The R wasnt some “slapped together” car…

In the end, they still got beat by a dumpy ass mustang! Shows how great the vettes are by your logik!! :lol

ford made it as a limited edition factory race car. nothing more

Who teh fuck said anything about stopping?? :retardclap

good post pjb.

“In our April issue, we track-tested the 385-horsepower Cobra R. According to the data, it was faster and handled better than Chevrolet’s standard C5 Corvette. Many of you didn’t buy it. Outraged mail rushed in questioning our credibility, our paternity, and-far worse-our instrumentation’s fidelity”

:retardclap

c5 z06’s hammer guud

i know the reason for it. but even then cost was insane on it parts expensive and hard to come by. more of a museum car than a drivers car.

the best thing about the car was the 5.4 they put in it.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l227/dingdong34/Cat%20Macros/ButthurtPost2.jpg

Alot of that technology went into the manufacturing of the 03/04 cobras, so Id say it was a worth while venture… And whats wrong with making a low production car, doesnt make it any less good, by that theory the ZR1’s must not be doin well for chevy…

yes!!!

how many cobra R’s were made?

:lol easy economy man!