Fabricators/Racers chime in on this

Like this
http://www.tvacres.com/images/dodge_general2.jpg

The same way we all get in, pull off the steering wheel and slide your ass in.

+1. With great effort.

WIth door bars like that you might as welll just weld your doors shut and dukes of hazzard it all the time

Oh god.

This means that the vehicle in my sig could be made out of CF tubing sometime to be even lighter :ohnoes

actually…YES!:ahh

now the truly amazing feat would be carbon fiber darth vader

You cut the roof of the car off, and install it that way. No joke. Thats what they do with all of the 25.2/25.5 Cert drag cages. Cut off the roof, get it inspected, throw the roof back on. PITA, but it gets the job done.

fuck that.

I would love to see the labor estimate on that install.

Considering the car will need a new paint job after it’s all said and done as well.

nah, just paint the pillars and blend it

Typically when youre building a car of that caliber the whole thing is getting done anyways. Start with the chassis setup/cage, and move to fab of motor/trans, then disassembled and sent to paint. Aint cheap by ANY means lol. I cant wait, 3-4 years ill be doin that!

+1 exactly…

and what adam said is spot on as well. it will absorb the impact, and literally shatter. that’s what c.f. does from a hit. if its tuv and fia approved, it is definitely serious though.

Just curious why you linked this in here? On a side note off topic, linux is awesome and Fedora is on of my fav distros.

Didn’t do it intentionally. I must have hit something that worked in the fedora url(that’s the home page for the browser too)???

how much less does this thing weigh than a “regular” cage?

:rofl :rofl :rofl

condoms dont protect against everything Benny, especially cuz if you wear 2 that causes friction and you are more likely to tear it, so congradulations, you have aids.

You running fedora?

Any close up shots of the base plates? I have a feeling Mike is right and the base plates on this thing are a prime failure point.