Facebook is evil

I have always sworn off Facebook as evil (even tho I have one) with the way they control data and privacy. People think that by simply turning off your settings to block your profile completely hides you (do some research, it doesn’t).

I do have a profile on there with my name and where I work but that it is. I have dealt with them to have my closed account deleted and then reopened it to control what user data is in their system. After their new privacy framework release, there is more evidence that this company is going evil.

the people pissed off about this are probably sketchy people doing sketchy shit…

eh. i do my best to stay pretty hidden on there.

but, at the end of the day, none of us pay to use it.

its business :gotme:

Dont put stupid shit up there and you have nothing to be concerned with?

i’ve got nothing to hide

actually, up until earler today, I had NO security settings turned on at all.

google is no better either

Don’t post info on there you don’t want public…

There was a survey going around a while back on Facebook and other places that contained the 20 most popular password reset questions and tons of people were filling it out :bloated:

“Waaa, I willingly put my personal private information up on a website that I don’t run, and don’t pay for, I’m so mad they are doing what they want with, waaaa”

fucking morons

It goes beyond posting stuff you don’t want public. Its how facebook controls and owns data. People who are stupid at one point post something and even tho they think they delete it, Facebook controls that data.

The internet isn’t a private play ground…

Marketing companies pay big money for the data that facebook is able to collect. Things that people like/dislike based on their age/gender/race etc… How do you think the site is so successful when all of the accounts are free? They have to make money, it’s a BUSINESS.

theres a saying- if you want something to be secret- dont tell anyone

Get outta here with that common sense bullshit.

There is a valid argument to those that use Facebook to share things within their network and are concerned about that information being disseminated outside of that network. There is a difference between not wanting anybody to know something and only wanting those you select to know something.

IMO, this isnt about secrets.

onenineeightfour

:bigclap:

Finally someone sees the point of that article. You must have been one that actually read it.

Ignorance is strength. :tup:

I dont use it. Who has to socially network via the computer?
go outside.

:tif:

I stay in touch with a lot of business contacts via LinkedIn

It’s more about keeping in contact with my friends that have moved to other states, or are serving overseas.

OMG You said IT! You should be banned! GASP