Fail.

i was jacking up my car today from the frame and the jack went rite through the frame :frowning: … fail. i busted a tear when this happened:(

Yikes. :confused: I never jack from the frame rails. Diff in the rear. Almost always tow hooks and sometimes rad support at the front.

Now that sucks!!!

Whomp whomp!!

Yeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyy booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooyyyyy

Dude, that sucks lol.

I always use my frame. Although. I did make sure my rails were mint before I first tried.

Fix her up!!!

Hope you didn’t get hurt.

next time you do that put a 2x4 on the top of the jack, Just a little peice maybe a foot long. It distributes the weight more then just the little end of the jack.

pics/?

lol, the joys of 240s.

imagine you didnt put a jack stand and were under the car…now that would be fucked up

you would be a great prop for halloween

Ouch dude, glad you’re ok though!

Im scared to jack up from the frame on mine too. I have to lift from the center of the crossmember, then ALMOST rest it on jackstands under the rails. Scary. lol

Annoying thing is that it never rises evenly, so one side is higher, and then you’re like wtf, these stupid jackstands don’t have finer levels of adjustment. One is always slightly floating.

My rails have been repaired properly by draggone, but still…the jack has too little surface area for me to feel comfortable. I need to use a 2x4 or something, that’s a good idea Wongger.

^^ thats what I have to do or my frame rail will bend haha. Stupid old car

Some douche at a tire place did the exact same thing to my car, after I told him not to jack on the rail, so I feel your pain. Fortunately, it’s fixable.

TRU TRU thats what happened then you should of seen my face it was a priceless kodak moment (my face when it went threw)—>:wtf: :-k :neutral: #-o ](*,)

lol let me guess you used one of those canadian tire jacks with a 1"x1" pad on it LOL

I remember asking Martino about jacking up an s-chasis an the first thing he said was, “don’t Jack the car up by the frame rails. These cars have weak frame rails.” Damn man.

On the subject of jacks, anyone have a good Jack to recommend. I have a 1x1 Crappy Tire from 5 years ago lol.

So far the new Princess Auto low profiles have been the one I have seen in action.

This is why I’m afraid to jack my car on the frame. One side the frame is bent a little too, and when I knock pretty much anywhere on the frame it just feels/sounds too weak. Diff is perfect for the rear but for the front so far I’ve just been using scissor jacks from each side.

What do you guys use for the front? I saw someone said rad support, maybe I’ll try that sometime.

For the front. Depending on your rust rocker panels,rad support or crossmember. for the rear the diff.

Dont use the rad support… no. Cross member or pinch welds if you have to in the front.

Just looked around a bit and cross member seems to be the best. Saw some more rad support recommendations but others said it’s not strong enough so I don’t know if I’d trust it.

i use my rad support

stop buying rusted cars

bahahaa

on my kouki;

front rad saddle, rails, engine crossmember, diff case, are my points

stop buying rusty cars - as per pants suggestion