Need help + Jack and Stands

Alright for those who haven’t seen my other thread, here’s what the problem is/was:

Couldn’t shift (much like every gear had the 1st gear speed lock)
Clutch pedal was soft as shit (think BattleGear)
Seems like clutch wouldn’t engage/disengage

Took tranny out, NOTHING LOOKS WRONG. Everything seems fine… Alignment, PP, clutch, release bearing, everything. So I need someone to come and look at my shit to tell me wtf is going on (tranny is out).

Also, need a better Jack and Jack Stands than the ones I have. Jack doesn’t lift very high (could barely get the bell housing from under the car) and the Jack Stands don’t either. I’ll pay $10 for the day TOMORROW.

Car is at the Caledon/Brampton border (Mississauga Rd and Mayfield Rd) for those who are interested.

Willing to pay a bit of cash + food for whoever offers.

PLEASE, I want to get this fucking car back on the road.

Thanks

I can drop my jack and jackstands off tomorrow most likely if anything, give me $20 and you can borrow them for the day if you like and pick them up tomorrow night. I might be in the area.

Why don’t you take some pictures.

Then you’ll have a hundred set of eyes looking at it and at least one person will be able to suggest something.

I figured out the problem, only thing is now I can’t seem to lift the tranny all by my lonesome (I’m not a huge guy) and trying to keep it centered on a jack is hard. =(

Hmm… if the cars on all 4 jackstands you should be able to just disconect the driveshaft and slide the tranny off the shaft… it weighs about 70lbs i can lift one and carry it myself…

Yeah but the car on all 4 stands leaves me about just over a foot (or even just under…) of clearance for my arms, that 70 pounds becomes heavier pretty quick especially since it’s a long mother. BTW, the tranny is out, I need to get it back IN, my problem is the initial lift while I’m on my back…

what is/was the issue?

Clutch cracked, it was pretty finished to begin with anyway, so it wasn’t releasing properly. Weird thing is, I didn’t feel it or hear any bo-jangling sounds when I pressed the clutch in, but when I took the tranny out, pieces of clutch fell out, never good. So I just sucked it up and bought a new clutch kit since my release bearing needed replacing too. Now I’m about 30 minutes from completion, but I can’t lift the tranny by myself. I’m only 19 and have my own chiropractor since my back is thrown (remind yourselves if you play drums, SIT NICE AND STRAIGHT) and trying to lift it by myself from ground up is… Painful.

Id be willing to come help you at some point just not sure when.

take a belt or a strap or something,

have someone inside the car pull/support the tailstock with the strap through the shifter hole. it’ll make the job %50 easier and the guy inside never needs to get his hands dirty…

or you can use the Theo23 phonebook pelvic thrust method and do it yourself