Fall Fishing

I figured i would pass this along. I was at Dicks today and they are running a special. additional 50% of all clearance reels and additional 25% off clearance rods. I was at the Galleria mall location and there are a few deals to be had. I am just not in the market for anything right now.

Cool. Don’t see many looking like that in Erie tribs. Got a nice fresh brown full of eggs out of an Erie Trib a few days ago. First one since the fall run.

Got out yesterday and had an amazing day. Went 7 for 12, including 2 really nice fish. The one in the video fought super hard. Took 5 minutes to land.

Very nice. Fishing was hot yesterday.

Well this thread died down a bit, lol. Well, it’s pretty much done for Steelhead. Late winter and early spring were way better for me than the fall run. The nice weathers here. I’m ready for the bass, carp, and catfish!

Might toss the boat in tonight after work. Any suggestions for fishing the upper Niagara this time of year?

I always see lots of boats just off of the 190 after it goes by the GM plant. Lots of guys fish that area from shore as well.

I have switched gears to pan fish and inland trout for a few weeks now. The only freshwater fish that I like to eat are Crappie, and I love going out and catching 20+ stocked trout in a few hours effort. Stocked trout will eat anything that floats by them.

Having said that I may try for steelhead tomorrow. I think they are still pulling them out of 18 mile creek

Had a very productive Sunday and Monday.

Landed this brute at Tift Farm on Sunday:

[ATTACH]37148[/ATTACH]

Then switched gears and tried for steelhead one last time (I’ve said that 3 times this month lol). Went 2 for 3 and also landed 2 small brook trout:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37150[/ATTACH]

Awesome. The last Steelhead I got was the end of April and I thought that was late. You fish any Ontario tribs? Oak was moving last week. I don’t know when it will slow down with all the flooding and rain they got.

I walked through Keg creek on Sunday. I saw 2 steelhead in there, but they were impossible to get at. They were in deeper areas loaded with trees and fallen branches. Keg is just destroyed with timber this year. I got my 2 steelhead on Monday at Canadaway. I saw about 10-12 steelhead, and hooked up with 3 lost 1.

Boom! The salmon are here! I tried uploading a photo but it said the file was too big.

Where at? I got one on Olcott pier on September 4th, went down to the lower last week and bumped into Z PHAT Z and we both did not have any luck that day.

A few steelhead started rolling in a bit early too. Got 4 of them already. Had two Salmon on and lost them both. This two weeks of hot weather is killing the fishing. Rain and some cold weather should get the Salmon run in full swing.

I got the salmon at Oak Orchard. My work schedule is now Tues-sat so Monday’s I’m free to roam. It will be a freakin zoo there over the weekend, I guarantee it. I’ve heard they are also into the Genesee rivers well.

I went to Oak orchard today and hooked one fish. I also watched 3 salmon swim up to my K14 kwikfish and mouth it without getting hooked. they usually smash thoes, but the warm weather might be affecting them IDK.

Took s friend from out state to the Oak saturday. It was a snag fest at the dam. I never like to fish there. We went down stream snd hooked up couple salmons on the flies, but all broke our lines. Were using 10lb leader :slight_smile: