Farewell to the S2000...

In my opinion the s2000 is a perfect car, other than it’s lack of torque/power… awesome chassis and suspension design.

Lol, Thread Jacked,

Sk2’s are sick, still thinking about getting one, maybe in a few years when there cheaper :slight_smile:

And about beer, Corona and Molson Canadian are the best :slight_smile:

Way too slow for the amount of money you have to dish out.

Have you driven one? 14.0 is very respectable… plus you can drive it like a civic and its comfy as hell. Oh, that and its on RAILS.

^^ Yeah but like someone else pointed out, for $50K I can get a lot of other cars… In the states, yes, and used, usually. They’re definitely a great car, but that doesn’t make him wrong.

The S2000 is an alright car, but for the money I think you could get something a little nicer. I always thought it would be a tight fit for the taller peoples as well.

everyone is comparing brand new s2k’s to evo’s/sti’s etc… no chance i wud buy one at full price, but in the u.s. at 10k u could have an 01/02 with mods that easily tops any other car in that price range… if u haven’t driven one u have no room to speak. they’re awesome cars for the price, ive had the chance to drive them on shannonville and cayuga in stock form…

no cars can compare looks wise/performance for the price of a used one… i’m 6’1 and always heard about height being an issue with these cars, it is tight but definately do-able, but this isnt a daily driver type of car, thats for sure…

ill be picking one up in the near future… the only flaw on them is the diff’s, which isn’t a big issue, besides that u can pump 400+ whp with boost on stock internals not to mention the 11.1:1 compression ratio :open_mouth:

black on black ftw.

One thing’s fo sure…they were well built and well tuneable for the track and with a very well thought out chassis, they’re more in the handling category than anything else but much respect either way including the very durable and rev happy engine.

It was that or the NSX in Rear-Wheel drive…moreso the S2000 cuz it was “easier” in reach for many people.

Um 11.1:1 Comp isn’t something you should be boosting imo.

he probably meant on the other hand without turbo and decomp’ing the motor, just N/A which = GOOD COMP!! lol:cool:

im thinking an s2500?

NO SHIT! thats why i’m giving these cars credit, DO YOUR RESEARCH… my main point was with a proper conservative tune at 11.1 compression you can slap at gt35 on them, stock block and push 400whp.

tell me what other motor can do that…

it’s unreal!

Call me when you look up what a turbo’d LS1 puts out. :wink:

I have lol. But anyway

will do considering your comparing a motor/topic that has nothing to do with what i said… back to doing your research, you have nothing to say, im talking about an s2k and you go to an ls1. fyi, my pops has a z06 and 502 stingray… so i do know what those motors put out under boost clown.

Alright guys… back on topic…

I drink Sleemans Silver Creek, and effin lakeports.

You asked, I answered. Chill, this is the internet (hope this isn’t news).

your right, back on topic. as per when i was talking about the compression and you shoot off about calling you when i know about a turbo ls1. i guess you don’t have shit too say now… im gonna go eat some Mr. Kelloggs rice crispies Mr. K!! <3

This thread is full of FAIL.

Hopefully Honda decides on releasing something a bit different. Maybe something like a coupe inspired by the s2k, civic, and nsx.

It’s way to early to throw in the towl. cough, coughToyota cough

^ Toyota threw in the towel long ago…once the Supra was executed.
I believe Toyota just ain’t in the game now, that’s not their concern anymore I guess…Toyota is bland.
It’s not bad considering most of their good engines were made by Yamaha so no loss of talent in the playing field lol.

Honda on the other hand, it sucks now that their flagship is FWD, the Civic Si in Canada.

…If only we had the Civic Type R from Japan!!