Farewell to the S2000...

I wouldnt be too worried about honda. In the last 2 volumes of Best Motoring, they have spy footage of what is rumored to be the new V10 NSX lapping the nurburgring, mind you this is relatively new footage. There’s also shots of it lapping with Scuderias, Gallardos and GTRs (new ones obviously).

ya Cal, your right. I know the NSX project is still going on in low pro, thanks to keeping up with Best Motoring as well :slight_smile:

Maybe, but it’s been rumored that Toyota has been working on a new Supra for 2015.

If only they decided on making a RWD civic varient.

Sounds about right. I doubted greatly that they would just dump the project after so many years.

Im still hoping that they can create something which is as affordable, rwd, and a good enough match to the Hyndai Geno.

Man, they’ve been talking about the “new supra” for about 10 years. I think we’ll see their AE86 revival first.

The subbie/86revival looks really good. There were some photos of the car in road and track a couple months back. Its liek they took the current sti wagon and chopped it shorter, and i think the current sti/wrx looks very hot.

Nissan is apparently working on a rwd altima thats supposedly the 240 resurrection, which would be awesome in my opinion cause the altima looks really good.

Toyota has their v8-hybrid that should be released under lexus in north america in a couple years, that should be pretty serious.

Yeah the Subie is gonna be fun. And I’ve said that for a while, they need to take the Altima coupe, make it RWD, and give it a slightly more “RWD coupe look”, a la longer nose and more squat haunches.

They need to create a better engine for the current altima. Its so shit, it hurts to drive sometimes.

But yea, I guess most of the big companies from the east are bringing stuff back.

Looking forward to that hatchi roku variant.:slight_smile:

Yeah it’s fairly anemic. I think they should revive the SR, IMO.

I hear ya.

No more of that VQ bullshit.

Almost all the [new] cars in the Nissan line up (excluding the Sentra and the Versa) use some sort of VQ varient.

Yes I have and its slow, and comfy if your fu*kin 5’6 and dont like to recline ur seat ever.

14.0 stock isnt slow. Im 5’11 240lbs and I fit fine in it.

I’am not trying to argue with you here, but you think 14.0 is fast for a car that costs around $50,000 cnd? Even a cobalt ss 06 and up can get in the 13’s and that car can be had for like $20,000 mind you I would not buy either of them.

The s2k is tight, not sloppy like a cobalt SS. Its refined, and 240hp NA is badass with no potential turbo failures, + its rwd. We got ours for 32g’s in the states. 20 000km, 2006.

what else can you get for 32 g’s thats as legit as that?

I love the car but i couldn’t justify spending more than 12k on a 02+ they are very impractical cars but none the less very fun to drive. I really disliked the stereo/dash layout as well as the super cheap looking digital cluster, especially the backlit colour. I had one in winter 07 and paid 18 for a 2000 and fought to sell it at 21. The crossfire kills the s2k in luxury and comfort.

The crossfire is also a chrysler product, but i do agree the stereo in the s2k blows.

S2k’s are ment to be driven by God Hand.

Not common laws like we.

Actually its a 100% German made vehicle and is based on the previous-generation Mercedes SLK-Class platform, Its just got Chrysler badges on it.

^ so pretty much all the old stuff\bugs\downsides before the new sweetly refined SLK’s came out is in the Chrysler pretty much, either way, u take them on the track and see what’s what :wink: