Fashion Thread: Men's Accessories

I used to have driving gloves in Ny. Here I just have a few pairs of glasses a couple watches. Nothing pricie.

i am always fresh as fuck.

This thread reminds me that I REALLY need some new suits…

Bing, can you post a link to the CF stuff? That shit is baller. My plastic collar stays always get bent and shit.

I don’t dress up often…but when I do, I do it right.

Me thinks this thread is dangerously close to falling off the pretentious cliff into gay valley.

However, I recognize that a man must dress for the occasion. I am an engineer. If I drove my SUV to work wearing Italian leather driving gloves and a $200 dollar tie I would look like a damned fool and nobody would take me seriously. However if I were driving my MG roadster to the yacht club for a Saturday evening game of cribbage then Italian leather driving gloves are fine. I’m struggling to think of any other time when driving gloves don’t make you a giant douche though…

It’s all job dependent as you pointed our with the engineer example. In certain business situations people won’t take you seriously unless you have a certain presence.

I suppose I can contribute even though this doesn’t necessarily relate to accessories but it does relate to professional dress.

Got a few of them now.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d50/Shockwave179/DSC_0402.jpg?t=1291005583

speaking of which, HF just had their huge winter sale in Rochester. One should certainly join their mailing list, lots of good deals to be had.

If we’re going to get into suits and clothing someone please start another thread… this one is accessories only :slight_smile:

I think when you get to a point where you really start to consider where your dollars are going you start to become a more discerning buyer of things that will last longer and better reflect your values and opinions. Hence the CF accessories and Italian made, American brand driving gloves that probably are as pretentious as Fry suggested.

Look here , same sellers.

carbon collar stays

carbon money clip

I wish i smoked (well not really), i have my great Grandfather’s cigarette case given to him by his men during WWI. Silver with gold wash finish.

cigars are also deserving of their own thread :slight_smile:

i dont subscribe to the at-work/off-work idea. i wear a uniform at work. still, my wardrobe is the biggest expense i have.

nice shit gives you access. because of my attention to detail, i date 10s instead of the 7s i likely deserve. and i get better tables when i dine in restaurants despite my age. if your carry-on bag is premium leather, the airline will give you a better seat when you check in.

if you were shopping for your mom/girlfriend, and you went into a jewelry store to buy her a gift wearing a hoodie and some ratty ass sneakers, think of the service you would get. the sales person would not eagerly greet you, and if they did end up helping you you would not get quality service. they would want a quick sale and theyd want you out the door. if you were presented properly, youd get prompt service and theyd want you back for return business, meaning youd get a discount and they wouldnt sell you anything they know you or receiver of the gift wouldnt be absolutely 100% satisfied with.

i can walk into a bentley dealership just to gawk and solicit a pretty honest sales pitch, which is saying something since im a 26 year old who makes like 15k/year on paper.

its hard to apply this kinda stuff in certain areas, but go to vegas and do one night wearing normal clothes and then do another night wearing some serious shit. youll find out pretty quick how much this kind of stuff allows access even though it seems superficial.

using the CF money clip today… so siq!

That jar of collar stays is a fantastic idea. I always lose mine.

It sort of counts as an accessory, so don’t forget a decent haircut. I keep my shit tight so I’ll usually run to a chain every 3-4 weeks, but if I want to look good for a cuff links and money clip type of event I make an appointment with my buddy’s wife at her salon.

Meh, I don’t need penis extenders. I’m a teacher, not a fancy-shmancy look at my amazing outfit with $100,000 whale scrotum watch band kind of lawyer or businessman.

I just don’t get it. I dress nice, but I do not need to dress THIS nice, even for an interview, I’m not trying to sleep with the damn guy.

lol you sound like a 14 year old trying to post like he knows what he’s talking about.

If you need this crap to “score a 10” she’s probably a cunt and isn’t worth it anyways. She sees fake wealth and then expects it, no thanks.

dogtag that i do not leave the house without, lacoste wallet (need an upgrade soon)…
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/6111/66152660.jpg

im wearing burberry boxers right now lol… i have a Rado watch given to me on my 18th birthday but iv worn that maybe twice or 3 times in my life

That’s not the point here necessarily. For smart money, accessories can elevate your presentation. Watches, shoes, hats…they get noticed and if you have good taste can even be a conversation starter (yes, this works).

agreed^^… its a statement thing… and really does open up opurtunities

I have no problem getting a job wearing a decent suit and using my personality. Idk, different strokes for different folks, it’s a waste of money in my opinion. If I take a job where I know I was hired because I had a nice watch or shoes that cost a first born child, I would kindly decline that position.

LOL

I think it’s great to look well composed, but I think you’re taking things a bit far here.

While I agree that you don’t want to walk into a jewelry store wearing shitty clothes, a polo, decent jeans, and clean sneakers is really all it takes. I wear my work lanyard (badge and rsa token) when I go in usually, so they know I have a decent job. I had zero problem with getting GREAT service… went in to buy an engagement ring and ended up trying on several $8k Breitlings.

The airline bit? Are you serious? Most airlines have seating assigned based on check-in time/purchase. Nowadays, if you don’t have a bag to check, you never even get up to the counter. Better tables when you dine? Please, spare me this one as well, just laughable.