Fashion Thread: Men's Accessories

where does combat veteran have to do with anything? we have a few disabled combat veterans here too. couple pittspeed members have been blown up with IED. there are vereans everywhere. and i thank them for their service. but to flaunt conbat service along with your baller status listening to hardcore punk sounds like a recipe for EMO generation sir.

oh thanks for the explanation, i get it now. since racing seats, shift knobs, spoilers and steering wheels are gay ass car accessories then carbon collar stays, pocket squares, overpriced ties and wallets are gay man accessories.

no point in arguing… you’re just wrong and i’m totally okay with that :slight_smile:

i’ve got a couple new items coming in tomorrow i hope. I’ll update with pics of my newest pair of socks…

BAM!

http://www.bings.ca/images/misc/Fashion/duchamp%20socks.JPG

Duchamp socks… your socks suck!

Wearing them indoor skydiving tomorow

Okay, now I’m curious. What the heck do you wear those with? Jeans? Slacks?

have some fun.

these are a darker sock with black in them so with black shoes, black suit or as you mentioned, with jeans

https://youtu.be/ynJQpsDpg8w

I would wear the shit out of those.

I bought a scarf yesterday…but it was for my gf so it doesn’t count :frowning: Shit was nice though.

It gets pretty addictive. First you start just buying slightly better dress socks and then you pick up a pair of these and you actually look forward to the day of the week you get to wear them. Then you don’t wanna wash them :slight_smile:

I only have one other pair:

I bought these next ones too but my brother jacked me for them… it was funny so i didn’t do anything about it.

So in all the analogies here, would colorful socks be the equivalent to underbody neon lights? You just want that shit to “pop”

nope.

reason i say that is company, craftsmenship and relative cost.

the socks are not dyed to be mutli-coloured. They are made in italy and each colour is a different piece of fabric woven into the sock. They’re not expensive… only like $35 a pair, but i guess that would be a lot to spend on a pair of socks relatively speaking.

For those reasons, i would use the analogy of a one-piece CNC’d titanium shift knob or titanium rear muffler section with sexy burnt tips tigged onto stainless piping. limited function, high quality, mostly for a bit of ‘pop’.

so by ‘company’, it’s really by association. The kind of guys that do the above to their cars don’t do under glow.

mind you, this is an import (jap/euro) perspective. hot-rod dudes won’t agree… i couldnt do a hot rod analogy because old cars suck :slight_smile:

Man I must say all of the things discussed so far have done very little for me. I see their place in my future but as of now just not too interested. But I am so fucking in on these socks.

More on the scarf it is 100% cashmere and I must say it felt really nice (I rubbed it on my face yeah thats right) and looks great as well. My gf is very well dressed/preppy whatever ya call it so she is into this stuff and buys me nice clothes and such. Anyhow it is really nice just not something I could see myself wearing. I would post a pic but they gift wrapped it for me. I looked at some of the cheaper ones online and such but I bought this from a local business on the Elmwood strip as I like to support local business and wanted to see the quality first hand.

+1. I cannot wait for this time in my life.

on the upside I bought 3 AE/hollister button up shirts from Good will today for $8 bucks!

:slight_smile:

i’m all for contrast.

who got the nicest coverall squares?

Not really feeling those socks. I think gold toes do a fine job.

bump

Did anyone watch NFL Network on Sunday before the games? Bunch of the guys we’re rocking some solid pocket squares.

So does that mean Warren Sapp is gay?

Nah, he’s not gay… But his boyfriend is. Snap.

I wore a scarf today. Not usually a big fan but it’s effin cold out. Anyone rock bro-scarfs? Mine is just solid black.

I’m picking one up after christmas. I want a nice one, I’ve always had cheapies. The new burberry pattern is growing on me so I’ll probably pick one of them joints up.

Like this but in the smoked brown color. http://us.burberry.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3744989&cp=3965372.3493596.4471712.2814061&parentPage=family

^^ to ieatpaint. I like it, but there’s no way in hell I’d pay that much for a scarf.

yeah $335 is crazy for a scarf. I’ve never spent that on any clothing other than a suit.

danhr, how about we split the carhartts into a specific footwear thread… many people have already alluded to their kicks collection.