fast in line and curves

is it possible to build a car that can be taken to keystone(prp) on friday and be driven home and raced on the auto x the next day without a change of parts?

sure, what kinda car would you be using?

3rd gen camaro

yes,just leave on ur sway bars,if u want u can remove front sway bar lonks for drag& reinstall for autoX

don’t see why not. you may have to compromise but don’t think too big of deal if you are having fun with the car.

Short answer, yes. Taking a guess from the local autox’s, but its been determined the fastest cars (few vettes, a few turbo AWD cars, maybe a f-body or two) would probably crack off a 12 second 1/4 mile with little fuss. Reason you don’t see many autox cars that could go faster would mainly be due to most of them not really needing that much power for autox (becomes a handful). But pewter got it right, the suspension is the key. Your going to need something thats adjustable to go between the two.

Just as a example I could swap a bigger engine in my civic and run some race tires and still do great at autox. But with all the front camber on my car if I took it to the strip with the bigger engine, launching it would be useless. So I’d need someway to adjust for that obviously. 3rd gens are pretty proven for autox (3rd gens were still winning nationally as of just a few years ago), if you ask around you’ll find some answers on setups.

3 gen TA with L98…mmmmm…or 3.8 turbo…mmmm

absolutely… i will edit with a video of my buddies mustang that i believe that habib knows. mustang 5.0 cuts 1.7 60’s all day and destroys in autoX is almost always in the top 3 FTD’s for the day at north park.

Woops, yea add to my list of cars “1 mustang” :bigthumb: I just wish the bastard would stop breaking trannys haha.

javascript:ol(‘http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?fileid=DA038B28-8C1A-4815-8CF2-65C8F79EF84F’);

i think this is the video. im not sure though i cant see anything because my computer is a POS

I think with that particular car, you’ll always be able to drag it, no matter what the setup. It will just depend on how fast you wanna go and how much you wanna change in the suspension to make it hook.

I’d guess a start would be springs, shocks and a rear sway bar. Maybe some chassis stiffeners. Something as simple as that can run drag no problem. The autox setup will always be more crucial than the drag.

here was my plan

sub frame connectors
front and rear sway bars
new pan hard bar and lower links in the rear
new struts and springs all 4 corners …i did a v6 to v8 swap and never changed them.
for wheels i have draglites or superlites with 255/60/15 in the rear and 225/65/15 in the front.
poly bushings everywere i could put them.

You gonna put a motor back in it first???:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

Just my 2 cents on the setup. But I’d double check if you really want to run both sway bars, or just a front bar. Most F-bodys I know just keep the stock rear and run a larger front since thats all they need. Also staggering your tire width between the front and rear is going to make the car push more (understeer). Again most pony car guys run the same size all around to keep the car balanced and allow for tire rotation. Everything else looks good though. I’m sure if KeithO chimed in here he could give a better rundown on setups than me.

yup!:asshole

I’d think that you’d need the rear to help it turn-in. I also agree that staggered wheels wont help on the course.

…what about wheel spacers in the front?

im not sure but i think that the v6 sway bars are smaller than the v8 sway bars. if thats the case would i upgrade the rear to aleast a stock v8 sway bar and upgrade the front to a larger than a stock v8 ? as far as wheels im gonna try to find someone to trade me the wheels i have for a set of 16’s that are all the same size or just buy a set if i have to.

Yea the F-bodys used quite a few different bars over the years. There are some places on the net you can look up the history of what to look for (more than likely the junkyard can be your friend in finding the right sizes). Though I’ve been told one or twice why most RWD cars go for a bigger front bar I can’t remember right now lol. Though mostly I think it helps keep the back wheels planted better when exiting a turn. One of the main assets your car has is torque for fast exiting out of a turn, the front bar just lets you use it.

mid engine !

gonna have to go with the corvette, or a later model svt cobra