Fast Motorsports FRC simple combo great results

Brandon from Fast Motorsports just got done tuning a C5 tonight on the dyno and had results of 439.90 hp/ 410.10 trq

http://shift518.gom-host.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1767&d=1261626941

you love this guy huh?

just does great work…

what were mods on said C5?

mod list?

he will be posting in a lil bit is driving back from tuning it right now…

nice power, but no more than any other reputable tuner/ builder could do w/ a healthy head/cam package

heads,cam, headers, intake, tune, maybe ported tb/intake that will net those kind of power levels

2000 FRC

Mod list and why I wanted this posted

Halltech CAI
Stock maf unported still screened
Fast 90 intake
LS2 TB unported
243 casting heads
220/220 585 585 114
Stock bottom end
1 3/4" headers
3" collectors
2 1-2" dual
Corsa sport mufflers
Spec stg3 clutch not no lightweight deal here
TR55 plugs
MSD wires

Afr of 12.65 max timing of 24 degrees

With such a “small” cam I wasnt expecting these types of numbers from such a mild combo

as you know, you dont always need a HUGE cam to make power. My c6z w/ a very small cam made more power than all the big cam qm 600 cars etc. 556rwhp set up is everything.

This may be the first time in internet history that there has hever been a FEMALE nut-swinger…

Congrats!?

haha… thanks Travis… u ass… :hug

happy dyno? it is a dynojet… just curious…

idk? seems like exactly what i speculated, a good set of heads, a cam that works, a good intake manifold, headers and an ls engine, 440 is very doable!

nice results.

what are the CC’s on those ported 243’s?

do you think leaning it out to ~12.9/13.0 afr would’ve yielded some more gains? (worthwhile gains that wouldnt sacrifice safety)

he never said they were ported. :wink:

he said stock Casting…not stock heads

That means they are stock 243 bodies, but have some port work done :wink:

not necessarily… id like to let 262 clarify if the heads were ported or not…

Dynojet yes as seen in the background banner.

I experimented with slightly leaner and slightly richer AFR’s and this is what made the most power. Made over 25 pulls tonight after spending 4 hours dialing the car in from scratch. There isnt a spot in that fuel map I did not touch. Was doing some gas consumption testing as well.

AS CAST 243!!! No milling no porting just a set of patriot gold valve springs.

I have noticed our shitty “93” out here with 10-15% ethanol needs the slightly richer mix to make power now. In the past I have put literally 1 gallon of 100 in 8-9 gallons of pump gas but I did not do any tricks I wanted real results. I just use the good octane gas to counter affect the ethanol crap.