Fastest street vette in the world

http://www.lingenfelter.com/Lingenfelter2006ZO6TTBGB.htm

http://www.lingenfelter.com/images/KoernerZO6eng_000.jpg

Standing mile of over 226mph in 25.12 seconds

0-200 mph in 18.34 seconds. 1100 whp on 93 octane 1300whp on race octane and 23psi

That’s stupid. Who does standing starts anymore :kekegay:

sledgehammer > *

lingenfelter says this car could do 300mph haha but yes, sledgehammer is still a better vette

That is nuts. I can dig it

saying and doing are two seperate things. people have been tryin to top the hammer since 88 and they still can touch the TT TPI, lol

hood is ugly

what’s traction?

sick & really a street car…

I hate when they call them street cars w/ tubbed chassis ect…

man, its rediculous how fast it is while being so streetable.

For God’s sake will you ever get over 80-90s GM cars?

Have you ever even driven a C4 and a C6? There is no way you can say a C4 that is less powerfull and slower than that C6 Z06TT is “the better vette.” Hell, even a more powerfull faster C4 is in no way better than a C6. C4s can be made wicked fast, and they can handle well but with some work. They have susp geometry issues as well as insanely heavy knuckles which make for a lot of unsprung weight. C5-6s have much better geometery and suspension components as well as the rear trans helping weight distribution. And that’s not even mentioning the interiors etc!

How the hell do you guys figure? Just because somebody ran it out a little longer and hit 254mph? This Z06TT is hitting 226 in just a mile, if somebody had the space and the balls clearly the Z06TT will exceed that. But it doesn’t take somebody doing it for me to see its the better car. How about 1100RWHP for the Z06TT vs. 898 crank for the 'hammer.

-TJ

speakin of fast vettes.

http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=NFIQGSNU56U

car is in Poland, but motor was from Wexford.

Well put, should shut mouths

Have you ever even driven a C4 and a C6? There is no way you can say a C4 that is less powerfull and slower than that C6 Z06TT is “the better vette.” Hell, even a more powerfull faster C4 is in no way better than a C6. C4s can be made wicked fast, and they can handle well but with some work. They have susp geometry issues as well as insanely heavy knuckles which make for a lot of unsprung weight. C5-6s have much better geometery and suspension components as well as the rear trans helping weight distribution. And that’s not even mentioning the interiors etc!

I dont care about interior or handling… the comparison is between a sledge and that vette for topspeed!!! the sledge did 254 back in 88-89 and it took 20 years for ppl to match that!!! thats why its a better vette. it was ahead of its time, an amazing machine that still holds its own against todays cars and technology. Oh and could i mention the sledge looks better??

when you talk about the whole package, yes the C6 is a better design than the C4

The vette has been a track car for some time now, not caring about handling is just stupid. And the sledge was driven by who? Mr. Lingenfelter. Another thing to note is that the sledgehammer with all that speed and power isn’t even a second faster than a stock c6 z06 of course traction comes into play but 505hp = 11.0 1/4 and 800+ = 10.6…handling/traction plays a big role, in it’s time it shined, and for years past it did, butthe Z06TT put the veyron to shame in 1 mile and i’m more than sure that if this car ran on TRC as the sledgehammer did it would crush it

:bigthumb:

Keep in mind that “Mr Lingenfelter” is no longer with us…All mention of Lingenfelter should be LPE, not just the name…RIP John.

The Sledgehammer was an awesome car in it’s time, with no competition for many years. It was expensive (at $255K) and a sucessor can be built for alot less $$ today. It does not compare to what a C6 Z06TT with 1100 whp is capable of (while being completely streetable). Also consider that there are many LSx series motors making way more than 1100HP. So if this Z06 doesn’t top the Sledgehammer’s performance, I am certain there is a C6 that will.

Orr89rocz your a dork

Every c5/c6 i’ve seen with over 1000 HP has been a LPE conversion, if you just look at the plain attributes of the car, HP/TQ, weight, aero,suspension it’s easy to see that if it was put on either the same track as the sledge or maybe something a mile or two longer it would do much much better

The vette has been a track car for some time now, not caring about handling is just stupid. And the sledge was driven by who? Mr. Lingenfelter. Another thing to note is that the sledgehammer with all that speed and power isn’t even a second faster than a stock c6 z06 of course traction comes into play but 505hp = 11.0 1/4 and 800+ = 10.6…handling/traction plays a big role, in it’s time it shined, and for years past it did, butthe Z06TT put the veyron to shame in 1 mile and i’m more than sure that if this car ran on TRC as the sledgehammer did it would crush it

true i am just saying for this comparison of fast straight line performance, handling and interior doesnt come into play. i like vettes for the handling fact and thats why i’m building a car that will handle well as well as drag well.

The Sledgehammer was an awesome car in it’s time, with no competition for many years. It was expensive (at $255K) and a sucessor can be built for alot less $$ today. It does not compare to what a C6 Z06TT with 1100 whp is capable of (while being completely streetable). Also consider that there are many LSx series motors making way more than 1100HP. So if this Z06 doesn’t top the Sledgehammer’s performance, I am certain there is a C6 that will.

I totally agree with this…