fender roller PM PEWTER

well i bought a fender roller.

so if anyone needs there fenders rolled i will rent it out to recoup my money

i have purchased and are renting an Eastwood Co. Fender Rolling tool (see pic below) and 2-stage ProLine heat gun. when they are finished, they
Price is a $40 rental fee paypal or cash

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92/slowmaro/FenderRollerRentalPic.jpg

PLEASE NOTE THE FIVE WASHERS ABOVE THE TOOL
READ THIS AND FOLLOW IT!!!
When attaching the tool to the hub, make sure you use included dished washers between the lug/nut and the tool. If you do NOT, you will damage the face of the tool and be penalized for any repair cost in repairing the face of the tool. The washers come on the handle of the tool. One end of the handle unscrews so you can remove them."

As I would rather not follow the trends of other companies who rent these
($50-$75 rental fee + $300-$500 deposit + insured shipping both
ways…ouch!), we will be observing something of an “honor system”. If you
receive the tools and either is damaged, contact me If you damage the tools (it’s tough to do), contact me…you break it, you fix/replace it, but no worries, the tool is really tough and almost all steel so it will be obvious if it was damaged via shipping or by the user.

Below is a disclaimer. By renting the tool set, you acknowledge having read and agreed to the rules and release us of any liability related to use of the tool. No big deal, but I have to cover my six.

Ok, let’s break it down…if you want to rent it this is what will happen.

1. Post Here to be added to the list.
  2. I will contact you when it is your turn to receive the tool.
  3. You will pay me the $40 rental fee.
  4. You will receive the tool in person. Inspect it upon arrival and
  5. Use the tool [like I had to tell you that part]…in a timely manner.
  6. Let me know you’re done with it and I will meet up with you
  7. You’re happy. You have big fat tires that don’t rub.

What to expect…

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92/slowmaro/FenderRolling005Small.jpg

Here are some basic instructions:

Additional Tools Required:
The following items should be present and in proper operating condition to conduct the fender rolling operation:
• Floor Jack
• Jack Stands
• Manual lug wrench for wheel lugs

Instructions for Use:

1. Raise and support either entire vehicle or vehicle corner on which fender rolling operation is to occur.

2. Remove wheel and place hub flange portion of the Fender Roller over wheel lugs. Place the dished washers (included) onto the wheel lugs. Use wheel nuts to hold tool in place; tighten snugly.

3. Loosen the handwheel located on the arm of the tool and adjust the arm length until the Fender Roller wheel is centered on the inner fender lip. Tighten the handwheel.

4. Using the release lever, adjust the roller angle to match the desired shape that the inner lip will be formed.

5. Adjust the pressure bar to apply gentle pressure to the formed lip.

6. Use a heat gun to gently warm the paint in the area to be rolled (to prevent cracking).

7. Grasp the tool firmly and repeatedly swing it in an arc across the inner fender lip to form the desired shape. It will be necessary to adjust the pressure bar to keep constant pressure on the lip during the operation. If the wheel arch radius is varying, it may be necessary to form the lip on small sections at one time, readjusting for each section radius.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92/slowmaro/fenderrollerdiagram.jpg

pm me please

Price of rental?

i just ordered it. so i am trying to figure out what people would pay. i just want to recoup some money since it was $290…and i will only use it once

so feel free to throw a price out there someone thinks is fair

would you do the rolling? OR is it hard?

I have no idea i never did it…but 22psi and a few did it with no problems…it alsso comes with a heat gun. i am sure you can rent the tool and take it to 1st try

possibly 30 for rental for an afternoon?

I’ll hit you up in the future,
I’m eventually going back to metal fenders and will have to roll them, the fiberglass ones on there now, I had to get to make the wheels fit, just dont line up with the car as good as oem

nice of you- i may need that someday

good tool. 22psi and I rented one awhile ago and it worked great.
Even on rusty fenders :doh:

Put me on the list! Please I have been meaning to roll my fenders for a year now. My tires are getting eaten up!
My email is rockyc17@yahoo.com or call me at 412-983-7804 whenever its my turn.

haha, i dont know what rust looks like!

tool does work good, and its pretty easy to use.

I have this thing for a month now…lol…

let me know if anyone needs it

bring it

id love to roll my fenders but with rust I have a feeling it won’t work good :frowning:

I will be needing mine done but I am NOT confident in my abilities to do this. I would be interested in paying to have someone who knows what they’re doing. PM’ me if you’d be interested. In fact if someone if looking at renting this I would pay the rental fee/and pay for a case beer or whatever you’d like to do mine as well.

Eric said that if anyone needs to borrow it, just send him a PM