Fiberglassing project: Suggestions wanted

Are you going to lay going to cover the whole shirt with a fiberglass sheet? I am just up the road if you need any help.

I don’t think i am going to go over the entire skirti think I am going to just blend in the seam area

Glassed the seam on both sideskirts. Worked pretty good these things are going to be indestructable. I will probly do a little sanding on the new glass first and then go to the long and strong body filler to smooth everything out nicely.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/eghatchattack/sdg.jpg
I am getting excited. I figure I’ll go pick up a vibrating hand sander cause they are a little easier to get a smooth surface versus the orbital sanders.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/eghatchattack/sdf.jpg
I am going for a smooth transition. Not much of a noticable plane change from the vertex skirt to the flare.

dis gon look good

i know, rite? oh man. this is comin out great, Ron!

i fail to see an CP in any of those pics… this thread has failed based on RON standrds

lol. I have retired from CP posting since I have my own CP that demands my cock 7 days a week

I have a spare hand sander you can have. IMHO when it comes to your final lines it best to do everything by hand.

is it just one of those little black blocks you clip the sandpaper into?

If so i have one of those

It’s an electric sander that you clip sand paper into.

ahh yeah thats exactly what i was going to pick up. Right now there are alot of highspots and crap to sand down. I am going to give it a good once over before I start laying down the filler

Let me know if you want it.

ive got an automotive sander as well. mines electric and round. lmk if u need to use it.

Nope I picked up a black and decker mouse. $15 at walmart. Did a little sanding tonight. Seems to be going slowly but I’m liking the results. I should be onto using the long and strong bondo to shape the face by next week. Then final sanding and etching primer. More sanding and then paint.

At this faster pace I think maybe early january for a finished product

Looks like side skirts now. More sanding, then a nice thick layer of sandable primer and then paint paint paint. The worst is over

Could a mod possibly merge this post into the end of my build thread please

:thumbup

Looks good!