Figured this was the perfect place to put this... Ill see ya'll later

I have been an active member since 4-15-2008, this thread is the last one I will be posting. I know you already see a KK novel, but holy fuck just take the few minutes to read it and let the gloves come off.

This place is awesome. I never knew an online forum could provide a place to share good idea or bash someone else’s ideas, love cars or hate cars, make new friends or crush old friendships, find criminals, help people in selflessly in a time of need, take advantage of people selfishly in time of their need, bring in new business and push old ones 5000 miles away. Its value cannot be measured with member counts, total posts, or $ it generated somehow. Shift518 is an undefinable definition where the members that contribute to it define their own reason for existing on it.

For me, my definition of Shift518 for my use has expired. I made plenty of new friends, learned a lot about cars from it, established a new business with its help and the network of people I met through it. I lost friendships over its drama. I watched old friends ripe each other apart on it that made me feel like shit as I watched it happen. My definition of Shift was always friendship and respect. Always stood behind the concept that what you say here you better be able to back up when you stumble across another member at the gas pump. What my keyboard says, is what I truly mean and would have no problem showing that same emotion face to face. People that know me know I care WAY too much about people and things I can’t control, I did so as a way to try and show respect to them and to society, and to this site. It’s not just an internet forum to ME. It’s my lifestyle, it’s how I was raised and how I am. As much as I wanted to just say “fuckkkk offfff” and hit the post button and be done with it, I just couldn’t stop typing… because this place is awesome. I am at a huge turning point in my life, I am sick of mediocre and rhythmic day to day wastes of time more or less. The happiness I once had just isn’t there because I overwhelmed myself WAY TOO MUCH with trying to help everyone but myself. My projects don’t get done because I work on everyone else’s projects for them. I get inspection tickets because my car doesn’t see the same attention everyone else’s does. The long list just keep growing and I am realizing it won’t slow down any unless I break the chain.

Ill see ya all around.

Mike Wood

hope you reconsider. I think we all realize there are several people on here who just come to cause drama, it sucks they are pushing out some good people. For a car site there really is very little on here in the past few years i’ve been a member pertaining to cars but i am glad i have come here and have found some good friends including yourself and eric and kevin at CRC. I’ll still see you weekly when i stop by for powder or other work.

tl;dr

But in all seriousness, it’s an internet forum. You’ll be back. They always come back.

ILY.

Didnt you pretty much just post while at work at your state job?

Thanks Jake.

Thanks Chris for the “ohh wtfff…” then the smile as I scrolled down. :slight_smile:

Yes Paul, work related on one monitor and my car life on the other. so I have 8 hrs every day to dick off on shift.

ok so what are you quitting? Shift? Your state job? CRC? All of the above? None of the above?

I am cutting the drama out of my life. My wife and I need to get settled down and I gotta get my shit in gear. Friends well support me, others wont. So it is what it is, my foots not backin off the go pedal. Unfortunatly bullshitting on shift is doing nothing but giving people a false representation of who I really am and its creating unnessesary bullshit in my life.

once this thread peters out KK is done posting on shift.

sorry.

You will be missed.

Motorcycle boots for life!

Answer my text.

Well. I’ve never met you, but heard lots of good things about you.
Sorry to see you go

This sounds like a cry for help ! Lets give him a shift intervention … Anyone with a theory on how to fix this issue ?

Sounds like Mr. Wood needs a little RR. From the sounds of it the guy need to take a few days and just hang out with his wife and family. I know there are plenty of weeks were I spend a shit ton of time at the dealership spinning wrenches to pay the bills and the strain it puts on my relationship with my wife. I can only guess it has to be 10 fold for Mike and his wife with the number of hours he spends on CRC each week.

:ninjaThat being said wtf is with the not responding to my text about painting my intake manifold for me Mr. Wood???:ninja

really not a big deal I still need to tap and install the catch can on the d-max :rofl

Will you answer pms incase of future work?

You’ll be missed. Your knowledge and views on things never bored me. Even when people disagreed with you, you always debated in a mature manner… Something a lot of people can’t do.

Good Luck on your journey.

Don’t be a faggot and just lurk more like myself

This.

I came back, even though the majority of you are nothing but dickheads to me. :rofl

Thanks for the help in the past Mike.

dude, you need this forum lol… brush the stupid fucks off, tell the emotional fucks offended by wise cracks to pull there skirts up and take the humor and youll be fine… I like alot of people on here… I also think a few dudes are straight clowns and am embaressed FOR them when they post half the shit they do…

You post elaborate and detailed threads for the people who care, fuck the clowns that dont apprechiate it bc alot do… When there shit breaks and they call you for help, simply brush them off. You leaving hurts the people you HAVE helped in the passed as well as the clowns telling you “fucking ranter, kk novel, tdlr ext”

Cant phone took a dive to the bottom of the ocean sat am launching the boat! lol, facebook works until i get a replacment.

thanks and ride safe mister

Its ok, When we meet I will still shake your hand and buy you a beer. Life is too short for dumb bull shit like this to make me respect you any more or any less in public.

Thanks man, I appreciate that.

100% nailed it. This isnt a cry for help by any stretch its just a change I think I need to make. I hung out with my father this weekend for some much needed away time, and he reminded me what he instilled in me as I grew up and why that got me as far as I did sofar. I have to start focusing on mike again, and starting a family of my own. Its time to put down the keyboard and sinch down the man pants.

The fishy’s at the bottom of the ocean didnt respond to your call like I asked them to. Hit me up on facebook ill work with ya there my friend.

CapitalRegionCustoms is the account I will use to answer work related stuff, and to post car related answers in the public forum, and post our stuff in our section. My friends here know how to reach me personally, if someone doesnt have that information just swing by the shop, pm crc, call us, just figure out a way and ask for it. I am by no means closing the doors on anyones faces.

Thank you for understanding why I did what I did here. Your not the only one that has said that to me today, so atleast it was time well spent no matter what.

LOL Ron I will for sure. I tried to cut myself back on my waste of effort posts but it wasnt enough… ohh well time to move on.

Your welcome man and thank you too!

You are right man. But the bottom line is the people I have helped and know me have my contact info and can reach me any time day or night that wont change. The people that want my help can PM CRC, talk to others her and PM them for my info or whatever. Word of mouth is more powefull than a dumpy screen name.

Its just time to take the high road and step my game up. this is how I choose to do so.

Mike your a great dude and ill still be bringing PC work to you for a long time, Hope you stick around !