Finally going to do it, me thinks...

come on vlad… ive ridden bikes for years and have never owned or worn a riding boot. The boots are a little extreme. The kids going to be riding the bike around town, not on a race track.

Jackets will protect you and should be worn, ill agree with that 100%. Im also the guy who bought a jacket and it sat in my closet after the first week of ownership.

If a car cuts you off at 45 or 60 mph, chances are your dead or your dead. The boots arent going to save your life when your neck snaps.

the reason they look least comfortable and shitty venting is they are $60… lol… cheapest work boots I own are like $150 some are over $200. but i wear them daily.

if you want lifespan and quality work boots, dont think that $60 will get you a good boot. Check brands like red wing, chippewa, etc, i wear the loggers and they are comfy as hell.

as for motorcycle boots, i wouldnt personally wear them for town riding or commuting, but itll do nothing but help you, ankle or foot injurys suck dick! so if you dont like work boots, i say order a pair of the ones you posted above. its much better than riding in basketball shoes or skateboarding shoes, or w.e shoes you do wear. i wouldnt order the full race style boot, because they may become unpratical or not comfy, or a pain in the ass to take on and off etc etc which will lead to a nice pair of boots sitting in the corner.

99.9% of the time i wear my leather jacket on my chopper, even when its hot as fuck. when its cooler (fall and spring) i actually even wear some chaps. i wont argue with gear, its important. you want it to be safe and you want it to be comfy. if its not comfy it could potentially lead to an accident because of your discomfort… textile is a lot cooler, but leather is better IMO.

helmet - that scorpion someone posted above for $119 or w.e is fuckin cheap and good.

I respect those that wear no gear. I don’t agree with that risk but if they have the balls and the audacity to risk it all, by all means go ahead.

I also respect those that wear all gear for obvious reasons of caution on a dangerous mode of transport.

What I don’t get at all is the people that only wear jacket, or only wear full face helmet, or better yet, gloves but shorts and tshirt. Either you’re trying to be cautious or not, make up your damn mind.

There goes the ankle!

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy2Zkcyvr50”]Motorcyle Crash Caught on Tape - YouTube[/ame]

No thanks… I like walking

Would have saved my step mom’s foot from being crushed on central ave…

Didn’t realize work boots got THAT expensive. So, see, I’d have to drop $150 on nice riding boots either way…might as well get something designed specifically for bike use SBardy. That being said, they won’t be the full race boot. That’s just silly. It’ll be the ones that cover the ankle and then stop.

I agree but I’ve never thought about going down soo much until I got on shift…

Everyone is so damn negative. I don’t go out on a bike thinking I’m going to get hit or go down.

I do… But my dad has been down, my friend died, another friend broke his back… And I’ve been down too

you are kidding right.

If you truly think that, you better ride 100% naked and as fucking fast and wreckless as you can.

I learned along time ago, work boots are for digging in the dirt and dropping shit on your toes. they provide ZERO protection other than your skin (if they dont go flying off). When i first rode quads, I wore work boots, jumped off the bike in a river bed as I was flipping over and rolled my ankle so bad I thought I broke it, probably did but I didnt get an xray. Got some MX boots, bailed on quads and dirtbikes hundreds of times, and if it wast for those boots (and good ones at that dont get cheap ass ones) my ankles would be shot.

It doesnt take much to roll an ankle and tear shit up inside there. Especially if you flip over and rag doll out of a crash, or you hit a curb or something with your foot cocked over.

I have a pair of Apline Star 50/50 boots. 2 buckle lateral support is decent. you dont see the buckles with pants over them and nobody really notices you have boots on. I would ride to the mall and walk around all day with them on, they are actually comfy as hell. $140 irc. I even used them on practice days on my MX track at my house riding easy or on trails riding easy, wiped out a few times and my foot took some good hits, they saved me there for sure.

Workboots are dumb. Sneakers or less make me want to punch the rider in the foot.

No I’m not kidding, I’m not negative like you guys.

I don’t go out hoping I get fucking clobbered by a tractor trailer or cut off by a 90yr old lady.

Do I know it’s a possibility, yes.

Re read my post.

If there is any thing you decide on shoot me a PM and I will contact riders discount and see what prices I can get you.

Also here is a link to boots on revzila

Almost anything here is a good choice.

Exactly it doesn’t take much to get a hyperextension foot injury or worse.
As a guy who has crashed hard before Motorcycle boots save you a LOT of pain and injury. What would you rather spend 500 dollars on boots or a 5K plus hospital visit?

No one here is negative. We happen to have a better understanding of the situation then you do. The contact patch of motorcycle tires in a lean is about the size of a sliver dollar. Oil, water, Oil & water, sand, gravel running over a wet yellow or white line, bumps in the road ect…

Can greatly effect your bikes grip & handling. It’s easy to lose grip, and just being cut off by someone or being run off the road can put your bike into a wobble… What if you crash from said wobble If you have your gear on you will have FAR less injury’s then you would without, that is a fact.

And odds are if someone in a car caused you to crash on the highway they wont stop.:banghead I’d rather be able to get up and walk or have as few injury’s as possible vs being a long blood stain on the ground.

No one thinks about going out to crash, shit happens. Have you seen moto GP? The best guys in the world crash few ever die gear can save your bacon. Rossi had an insane crash last weekend. Marc lost his front and hit the ground at 200 + miles got up and was on the bike again. Do that in a t-shirt and jeans.

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VruWHHEnZGw”]Mick Doohan - No Place to Race - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAHTQisEl2Q”]Mick Doohan - Gear Up - YouTube[/ame]

/\ thank you for doing my KK leg work against Sbardy

I am a realist. I have been there and done that. I have crashed alot of shit. I repair others mistakes (the bike) and my wife repairs others mistakes (their body in the hospital). That being said, I have a damn good understand of the full circle of “riding”.

Its not negative, its being realistic.

there is a circle of gay motorcycle aficionados on shift…

Done posting shit in the motorcycle section because you guys cant read a post.

For the record…

I’ve been down before, luckily due to me knowing how to ride and making the best out of a situation i ended up alright. And i wasn’t wearing motorcycle boots, take a deep breath guys.

how dare ytou not wear any gear!!! thats an abomination!!! :wink:

You guys are making Ilya’s chances of losing his virginity way slimmer…

Jesus

I only wear chaps and sandals when I ride. IAINTSCURRED.

harley king has spoken. you got the bug. i want to buy a screamin eagle deuce but I dont wear jackets all the time so…

Pro riding skills bro! :lol

Work boots >. I like riding my dads road king in Florida with no helmet and no shirt letting my tits fly in the breeze. Im okay going out like that.

In my crash, my ankle got twisted enough to break the laces an grommets on my hiking boots.

now i ride in sidi adventures because i like the protection around the ankle and how it keeps your foot from twisting. They look like work boots under most pants.

dont care what others wear, just posting why i upgraded to good boots