Financing out of country

Can I buy a car from the US and get it financed from a US dealer?

I think the only way any US dealer would finance you is if you have an acceptable US credit history. Which would probably include US bank account, credit cards, address, etc.

Without that, they wouldn’t touch you.

Well, so much for that idea.

still trying to get that sti?

Couldn’t hurt to ask them. Plus a sizeable downpayment might help your chances.

hehe … yeah, like a down payment of the whole amount.

It’s only 5 minutes to ask, so you might as well. But seriously, if you’re outside of the country, with no financial assets in that country, what’s to keep you paying? That’s the whole problem. If you default on the financing, or just decide not to pay, there would be nothing they could do, and banks/dealerships really don’t like that idea.

EDIT: I was thinking that you’ve probably got 2 options (other than paying the whole thing cash).

• talk to a dealership here, and try and get the car brought up here by the dealership, and then financed here.
    • find some sucker of a relative with a US credit history that would buy the car for you, and trust you to pay him/her back.

I wish you luck…

Or just call your bank.

Yeah.

I can pay about half of it on the downpayment and pay the rest when/if I sell the spec, so it is not like I’ll be financing the whole car. I’ll give wells fargo a shot, then head over to CIBC. :roll:

lol why keep the spec if u get an sti? u will never want to drive the spec as it will be slow as shit compared to ur sti. + awd… sweet.

Well apparently it is possible, it just depends on the dealership. You also have to contend with the exchange rate as it will change your monthly payments, although the dollar has been pretty stong last couple of years.

lol why keep the spec if u get an sti? u will never want to drive the spec as it will be slow as shit compared to ur sti. + awd… sweet.

What if it doesn’t sell, always a possibility.

Wells Fargo is a rip off.