Find me a damn TV...

Has nothing to do with reading anything…

Personal Experiance with friends/family members of plasmas that are only a couple years old

samsungs/panasonics…

Maybe its a lot better now, I havent read up on the “newer technology” much with plasmas…

either way… I think LCD’s when calibrated correctly have a far better picture quality than plasma…

still I always thought it was weird that plasmas burned in considering they are tiny gas filled tubes

LCD’s burn in as well but its quite easy to get them back to normal unless pixels get stuck… and sometimes its damn near impossible to get them “unstuck”

everyone says plasmas have better blacks… i can’t imagine better blacks than i have right now… its almost too black.

i was thinking about having a super bowl party… not sure though.

when you find somthing you like punch in the part # hear http://www.pricegrabber.com/

After worrying about buying the perfect tee vee for what felt like months i finally broke down and just did it. Picked up the 52" sharp aquos about a month ago and have been quite happy with it. The Xbox looks pretty dirty on this thang.

I really wanted the 46" sony bravia but i couldnt find it anywhere at the price i wanted.

No regrets on the Sharp thus far tho…

http://shift518.gom-host.com/showthread.php?t=6760

That’s not your fault. I wasn’t up on the tech till I was looking for a new TV since my 19" monitor got fried when a drunk ass idiot flew over my guard rail into the power lines outside my house. Barely missed the house.

But yeah, I’d still do LCD > Plasma but Plasma’s aren’t as bad as they once were.

The only way to really burn something in these days is if you leave it on for HOURS on ONE screen.

Smart man.

hell yea thats the only way to go

anyone read about this beast:

re-goddamn-diculous if I might say.

I know nothing about TV’s, except how to hook them up to my PS3 to blast Chimera baddies and the like.

jesus fuck. cod4 on that would be like real life swat training… lol peekin around corners and shit to see the rest of the screen.

holy hell 150 inchs!

We play Wii on 222 inches, lol.

OG members will remember Timmay, he has a sweet projector setup.

I will bump my boob tube as a good choice.

Samsung LN50A650 Plasma.

Sears had it for $1599 just befor Christmas. It looks GREAT. Burn in and Half-Life spans are not a problem with the new plasmas.

LCD, make sure it is 120hz. If you cant tell the difference, you shouldn’t need a tv over 720P! PS, the long story shot of the 120hz stuff is simple math. 24fps doesnt divide into 60hz without a remainder. that remainder is a duplicated frame… hence the video studder you can see.

I’ve never seen a video studder on any 60hz tv…

don’t need anything higher than 720p if you are staying below 50 inch.

true… i have 120hz… and i turn it on and off for sports and can’t see a difference…:bh:

If you cant see the studder at 60hz, then you are not watching 24fps video. Not all video is at 24fps. BUT 1080, blu-ray and HD content is usually 24fps and it is very noticable.

720P has nothing to do with size. Are you tring to tell me that I dont need anything higher than 1080P (1920X1080) on my xx inch PC monitor? My GTX260 video card will beg to differ.

I’ve watched several HD sources on my two different HDtvs and friend’s HDtvs as well, never seen or heard of this studder, EVER. Is this something you read or something that you’ve actually seen? I would return any tv that couldn’t handle an HD signal.

we are talking TVs here, NOT computer monitors, wtf??

2:3 pull down BTW… look it up.

my question… answer it

The computer monitor was at your 720P reply,

"don’t need anything higher than 720p if you are staying below 50 inch. "

I was stating that you can have a 22 inch monitor/tv/display what ever… and still have 1080P (1920X1080) OR HIGH resolution. and source depending, and user depending, may need that high a resolution.

Size = viewing distance
Resoultion = viewing detail