F'ing Knee Surgery SUCKS BALLS!!!!! (rant)

Ok, So I had surgery on my right knee of Tuesday morning. I had the left one done 18 months ago, all the scar tissue and damaged pieces of cartilage removed, I was fine, hurt for a couple days, mildly, but overall I was good.

NOT THIS FUCKING TIME!!!

Not only did he remove all the scar tissue and damaged parts… but… I had a torn Meniscus!!! HOLY SHIT PAIN!!! I was a 7/10 from the time I woke up from surgery till this morning, and a 10 plus (to the point I almost was in tears) from walking on crutches to the bathroom from my room (~15’). 7.5/750 Loritabs and 800mg Advil did NOTHING!!! Now today I’m down to a 5ish when I’ just laying here.

Thank god I have a great girlfriend who’s home with me through this; she helped me with a shower this morning and got me settled into my office where I can get back online and work/e-mail/etc other than just watch boring daytime TV.

Oh yea, and I have to have ANOTHER surgery on this knee once it gets healed and I get strong enough and can have a long time off work… Found out my ACL is SHOT, and though it’s not torn, it’s not doing it’s job at all.

So now I’ve got at least 3 weeks no weight bearing, probably another month after that on crutches, and who knows how long with PT… And I thought it was going to be another walk in the park like last time, boy was I wrong…

Cliffs:
Had surgery Tuesday morning, was/is MUCH worse than expected, bored, in LOTS of pain, long recovery expected; need another surgery on same knee later.

fuck… i am going to get my knee looked at soon

fuck, thats sucks man…hope it gets better for you soon.

ugh, I am at the start of this. Hearing it all makes me want to ignore it.

Ugh that sucks dude. I tore my knee playing hockey back in like August…I am sooo thankful I never needed surgery and just let it heal on its own. Did a lot of biking to “rehab” it…took about 6 months before no pain and I am romping around again like it never happened

Bryan, how is the knee doing? Still the same pain and shit from your hockey injury?

In all honesty though; from what I’ve heard this is semi-normal; the Pain Meds just don’t work well on me. I take a 7.5/750 and it barely takes the edge off; my GF takes one and the walls start melting and shit. That’s part of my issue.

And even though this sucks balls and I’m in a LOT of pain, I know it’ll be fixed right, and I’ll be good to do anything I want once I’m through the ACL surgery; and not have any worries.

Just time, patiance, and lots of Ice and Pain meds…

sounds like you need to move on up to heroin

that sucks man :tdown:

just take it easy and let it heal

I have a feeling that in the next couple years I am going to have to go in and have damaged cartilage and scar tissue removed mainly because I use to ski almost every day when I was growing up in Vermont, and football didn’t help either.

I was told I tore both meniscus a couple years ago but the Doctor said they were not that bad and not to get surgery. Now they click and grind whenever I walk up stairs or stand up from sitting, they hurt but not that bad. I am going to have them checked out again after I graduate college next year hopefully before I start a full time job.

I hate my knees!

Good luck!

Not saying it’s good that the pain meds aren’t working for you, but in a way it kind of…sort of is… sometimes people who take the meds don’t feel any pain at all, then end up forgetting just how easy they’re SUPPOSED to take it. The end result is usually a miss-step and further damage being caused.
at least you’re well aware of the fact that being on your ass is the best place to be.

and lol@ your gf watching walls melt… ahh loritabs :burnin:

yea, true to a point, but getting up outta bed, onto crutches, and almost being in tears when you get back to bed is a little extreme!! Today isn’t as bad, but it still sucks!! I upped myself to 1000mg of Advil and icing directly on the knee with the brace off (only when I’m stationary) and it’s finally starting to come down on swelling and numbing up; slightly.

The strange part is, I can feel the insides of my knee twitching, itching, burning, aching, etc; all cycling. Like I want to ITCH the INSIDE of my knee… really kinda weird.

not as bad as before, i can jog on it… i tried playing ice hockey last night, and it toook about 5 shifts before i didnt feel comfortable skating on it anymore

lol last year when I broke my arm, they had me on 10’s since they couldn’t put me in any type of cast due to the location of the break (the radial ball at the end of my forearm bone broke off and rotated out of place).

I was sitting at home, pretty much drooling on myself trying to get some work done at the computer and noticed something move out of the corner of my eye. I looked and saw a huge wood spider staring directly back at me… I slowly began to get up to find something to kill it when out of no where jumped off the wall onto my shirt.

It scared me to the point that I jumped out of the chair and put ALL of my weight on the bad arm. Even on meds, that shit HURT for a while after that.

ugh yea…took like 2 months of playing again before it didn’t feel week, or that the slightest twist would destroy my knee again

damnnnn that sucks :frowning:

i’ve been seeing quite a lot of people lately that had knee surgery in physical therapy. Seems like it would just be such a pain in the ass. I cant imagine how hard it must be. I thought it was tough for the first week with my shoulder and only having one good arm to use. Then i see some of these people that had the surgery on their knee… wow… im lucky

still sucks to hear :frowning:

fuck. ugh, fuck.

how many you taking at a time?

i had the same when i had my surgery 3 weeks ago. I took 2 like every 4 hours…broke each in half and downed them. worked well for me, except for the fact that i could NOT piss… (only side effect i had), but knee surgery is a quite a bit more.

The fun part from here out is going to be trying to take a shower.

It was an adventure trying to do that today; it sucks to be completely dependent on someone to help you because you physically can’t do it. I had my GF basically showering me because I was trying to balance and move on one foot while holding the other leg perfectly still (or as close as l i could); then getting into and out of the tub/shower was a NIGHTMARE; and VERY painful.

It sucks, but I know in the end it’ll be worth it when I can jog/run again and snowboard without popping pain pills like candy. Although it sucks knowing that right when I get better with this one, I’ve got another WORSE one to go through. That’s the only shitty part.

Per the Dr, 1 every 4 hours on the Loritab, and 1000mg every 6 hours on the Ibuprofen. Seems to be actually working today.

Yea, pissing is fun, that’s for sure, not only from the drugs, but trying to balance while doing it. I haven’t shit yet, I KNOW i’m clogged up from the Loritabs, so that’s going to be a bitch once I do.

LOL

took me a few days to finally drop a deuce. Wiping with the other hand was quite a challenge.

if it starts to hurt like crazy… just take 2 loritabs… break each in half before u take them… even if you only take one… break it in half when you do… works a hell of a lot faster.